• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Creeps spawn delay prob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a problem with my trigger o_O

i don't know if the triggers in my map mixed up badly because i set that the first wave should appear after 2 minutes (yeah, like in dota) following waves (2nd, 3rd, 4th... Nth wave) will trigger each 30 seconds of the game time.

my triggers :ogre_icwydt:

First set of triggers:

trigger1
event: >elapsed game time is 90 second(s)
condition: >N/A
action: >turn trigger2 on

trigger2
event: >every 30 second(s) of the game time
condition: >(<barracks> is alive) equal to true
action: >Create 1 footmen etc.
>Order last created unit to attack move to <selected region>

what happened? = the creeps spawned within 90 seconds

Second set of triggers:

trigger1
event: >elapsed game time is 120 second(s)
condition: >N/A
action: >turn trigger2 on

trigger2
event: >every 30 second(s) of the game time
condition: >(<barracks> is alive) equal to true
action: >Create 1 footmen etc.
>Order last created unit to attack move to <selected region>

what happened? = the creeps spawned within 150 seconds

i'm pretty pissed about my noob-ity, sorry :(
will someone help me about it? thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Level 8
if you analyze the triggers, the second set which spawns the unit after 150 seconds should really be the case. it's like this:
after 120 seconds you turn on trigger 2, which is triggered every 30 seconds after it is turned on. the units it spawns will not immediately be spawned the moment it is turned on. so in-game, it's after 120+30 seconds where the units will spawn. i'm not quite sure why the first set spawned the unit the moment trigger 2 was activated, though.

Level 3
  • CreepStarter
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 90.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn on Generating Gold <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Human <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Human 2 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Human 3 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Odium <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Odium 2 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Odium 3 <gen>
  • Human
    • Events
      • Time - Every 30.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman Revenant for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Region 012 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman Revenant for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Region 010 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Attack-Move To (Center of Region 004 <gen>)
      • Unit - Create 1 Footman Revenant for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Region 011 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Revenant Ranger for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of Region 009 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

Status
Not open for further replies.