• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Riddle Mania 1.44A

Foreword:
This was my first attempt to make a wc3 game that I did during the summer while trying to figure out how does the World Editor works.
Sadly I lost the original file, so I can't edit it anymore. I'm awared that the terrain is plain, and lacks polishing.

Description:

Riddle Mania, is a sinlge player map where the player has to solve different Riddles in order to access the next room (max number of rooms can be chosen at start).

Riddles can be found by clicking the red question marks in each room, some of them having a hint (white question mark).

In order to answer a Riddle, type "-" before the answer.
Some Riddles might have multiple answers, and the game will check for articles, and caps aswell.
f.e.: -a car/-a Car/-CAR/-car

This map is replayable, as it has a dynamic system that will make the Riddles in each room to be different each time, and in case you get stuck you can just restart.

Features:

*Number of levels chooser (5,10,15, or 21 [max])

*Dynamic system which randomizes the Riddles (44)
**Randomly selecs one Riddle from the Riddle pool for each level.

*Dynamic system for Puzzles (2)
**Each time you do the puzzle it changes the correct answer/switch

*Multiple answer checker

Screenshots:
riddle1.jpg

riddle2.jpg

riddle3u.jpg

riddle4.jpg

riddle5.jpg

Credits:

All previous Riddle map creators for the inspiration, special mention to maps like T.M.'s, Treasure Cave and Chernobyl.

Keywords:
Riddle, Riddles, Fun, 1p
Contents

Riddle Mania 1.44A (Map)

Reviews
14:19, 8th Sep 2011 Vengeancekael: Status: Approved I suggest you add a preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'...

M

14:19, 8th Sep 2011
Vengeancekael: Status: Approved

I suggest you add a preview image:
To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Also please change the suggested players.

Level 6
map seems interesting playing now (^^) i love riddles and puzzles (although i suck) gonna give gameplay feedback :D

EDIT: ok i tested here is what i got:

The bad stuff:
-None-

The good stuff:
- nice riddles
- nice idea :D
- the way you did the puzzles are great :)
- riddle are nice :)

Suggestions:
- how about a 2 player game who gets the answer first ? :p

Note:
the map was fun and some were easy, but WHATS THE ANSWER FOR THIS ONE:
Look Around.......Hint: The answer is more then one word.....seriously? -_-
i restarted the map couple of times i do them all, but this one, i give up :(

Map is very good for a first map,
Rate: 5/5
Rep: 1+
Vote: Approval

Last edited:
Level 5
So you liked the dynamic puzzles? ^^ im glad to hear that. I had more ideas, but they were way over my noob-coding-ability.

Map was intended for multiplayer and not single player, also some multiplayer puzzles, but coding for multiplayer was really trouble some, and i didnt want to burn out while doing my first map, so i left it just for one player do to simpleness ^^

About that riddle:
I honestly cant remember right now, i did it 6months ago. If it says look around, im guessing that you have to go and look around the user interface somewhere.

My favourite one is the "Speak up your name and you shall pass" (IIRC)

Anyways, thanks a lot for the good feedback, wasnt expecting any to be honest :)

Level 5
Note:
the map was fun and some were easy, but WHATS THE ANSWER FOR THIS ONE:
Look Around.......Hint: The answer is more then one word.....seriously? -_-
i restarted the map couple of times i do them all, but this one, i give up :(

Haha, now i remember the one about "Look around". The look around is meant for you to check the hint. The hint gives you the answer, you just have to think outside the box ^^

No Problem, thats my job i will give you more feedback after you update it
It would be fun if there was more than two players in the game at the same time working together.
As I said, I lost the original file. I could try to deprotect my own map by force (what an irony), but ...meh. I think I'll rather start a new map more clean and with the experience that I got from that one.

And yes, I totally agree it should be multiplayer, but it was kinda pain in the ass making all the triggers for multiple players (due to my lack of knowledge)

Level 1
Hey I love riddle maps, recently created my first map too... I'd like to play this but when I try start the game it tells me that "all the players are on the same team" and I can't see how I can change that? :(