• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rhiea's Art Now 2 Cg's presented!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok here's my first CG presented on the internet, this file kinda lost some detail and stuff but the bmp version (which is what it really looks like) is 5MB and i didn't want you guys to keep waiting

Waterbreak.gif

This is one is Rave (The guy with the sword and blue jacket) and Theia (The girl next to him) having a little break after kiling dwarve footman...actually Rave did the killing.

Level 4
Well here are my reasons why i made it like that

1) If it was black and white it would be easier because no color or effect would be needed to added

2) there was a rule that said not too much violence

3) Blood dosen't actually stay on a sword, try cooking, slice up something with a kitchen knive, you'd knotice most blood wouldn't stay on the sword.

Level 22
It's always nice seeing some original work, rather then CnP screenshots or official art submitted form other series' that happen to have elves and orc and such. Nice pic.
-VGsatomi

PS: Art critics will always be willing to wait the extra minute to get the fully-detailed verion. I suggest using photoshop 6+ or something that's got a low-compression jpeg converter. The size is cut dramatically but the detail is largly unharmed.

Level 4
Thanks for your comments, although I have elements demo, i don't have enough money to buy photoshop and elements is a shorter download.

New Pic:
Spoils of War....hope Darky isn't looking at this..

darkyrider.gif

Level 12
Not bad art at all. As far as I know, this RPG could get good. Now, let's see how Darky would respond if he saw acolyteofdoom's post.

Level 4
^_^ Oh sorry guys, Dark Age was kinda resting for a while, i had a vacation and just needed a little break. These CG's are for my campaign, see Dark Age is just an RPG for one of the cities in the world i created ^_^. These pics are for a campaign about a guy kidnapping a princess and stuffy ness, although i'm having lots of trouble finding a model for him.

Level 13
Rave... what a funky name. Dwarves footman? there is none of thsese, they don't even wear humans looking like the human civilization, they most likely wears cap helmets. they have overwhelming hairs. did those "footman" dwarves shaved their beard and hairs?

If the light source mainly comes from top right, the basic shading is complete. but the shading itself the way you made have a lot of problems, first, it's only basic shading, you made the shading according to a point, if an object blocks the light; "The light cannot go an object if it's solid."
you should use this hint, according to the lightning point you probably constructed in your mind. the girl should have way more shading on her, beceause of that guy covering her, you barely did nothing, it's like if you did a Drop Shadow in layer effects in photoshop. this "drop shadow" method you used violates the rules of shading.

The shading has many big flaws. but it's something common, NOT that you should say it's fine, you should pratice your shading, it happens to do mistakes, but you must not let mistakes be a part of you!

That's it, basic coloring, no textures, you used contours ( it's massively used, i won't blame you on that, you are wormskully lucky. ) Oh also that anime that i hate more than anything.
Face features are poorly made ( no nostrils. ) basicly, there is only a mouth, a nose and two eyes. there is no muscles or anything, just that edged potato shape with these three things sticked on it.

as said, the blood effect on his blade is poorly made;
it looks like those footmans were already dead, and this rave guy slowly inserted his stick in his hole, holded it for few seconds, and pulled it back. make it look like a violent stab and the organs got pierced. make it pink-tinted, and you're not right about the blade thing, blood does drip, but slowly, therefore, after stabbing this footman his blade isn't clean n polished, that statement makes no sense.

the shading and the use of a palette to color is very poor. you didnt used a lot of colors. basicly one fill color, and one darker color. ( except for hairs , then it's a fill color, and a lighter color over it )

Level 12
Honestly Wormskull, I can't believe you DON'T appreciate the fact that there are some people who like anime style than some others. Better find an excuse quick or you're not going to be around for a while.

Level 22
Okay Wormskull...take a step back and look at what you said...does any fo that really help the artist?

"People from that day wouldve used cap helmets" ...ummm...those are WC3 footmen, genious?

"there are no nostrils" When was the last time you saw nostrils in anime art...? And besides, anime uses certain style...if you don't like it, touph, because other people do.

"Not enouph blood from organs being pierced" There's a rule about excessive gore in the art forum/section. That's right, you don't read other people's stuff, so how would you know...? Silly me.

Although your broken English throws me off a bit at times, did you mention that "light doesn not reflect off solid objects"? Chalk up another for ignorance on your part...because yes it does.

If that's the kind of useless BS you are going to spew out here, then please stay ouf of the art forum.
-VGsatomi

Level 6
I think this is great! non screen shot anime art!!! :D i realy liked it

Wormskull, you should not critize what you dont like, its the dumbest thing i ever saw, if you dont like anime then dont critize at all and dont give tips how to make it better cause if you dont like anime (and dont watch) i geuss you dont know much about it

Level 4
Ummm....well whatever, there's gotta be a party that likes my art and dosen't like it....well if you drew that thing on your avatar...than you're good with drawing half vegetables and people. Super Brocolli Man! I think i spellled brocolli wrong....well my responses to his stuff is.......yes I suck at CGing...if you read my posts it was my FIRST and second time cging so it's gotta be hard. Oh yea and my responses to whomever, i drew it on pencil then used a copic outliner 0.5 and 1 to outline stuff. The RPG BORED me out...cause i done all the fun stuff already, well it's still going on but at a slower pace cause.....i have homework and house work and my marraige is in afew weeks!

Level 4
I'm 17 right now, marrying in september because that's when my birthday is, and don't send me comments or replies like, "You sure about that? I mean 18? isn't that alittle bit soon?" Well i known this guy for 7 years! so i think i know what i'm doing even though i make tons of mistakes :wink: Well here are things that might be coming up next in the art section: (Everything is going to be black and white now)

Nothing currently that might be appropriate content of wc3, (I don't think Halo can fit into Wc3, because i'm making concept art for a Halo comic i'm making)

Level 13
yea. you always ruin everyones fun wormskull. Rhiea draws anime, i do a "rough sketch" as it is formally called, but more commonly known as "first drawing", at least among us goth artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.