• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Revolving unit control based on player absence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Need a little help with a player system in my newest map. There are four players in the playable force. I want to make it so that if one leaves, the now-empty player is set to treat every other player as an ally with shared unit control. I need to have this work for every single one of the first four players to make sure that a game is never ruined by a missing player, and don't no matter who leaves and who is left, all four armies can still be controlled.

Any help with this?

Level 19
Did you try using something simple like this?

• Temp
    • Evénements
      • Joueur - Joueur 1 (Rouge) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 2 (Bleu) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 3 (Cyan) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 4 (Pourpre) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Boucle - Actions
          • Joueur - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat (Triggering player) as an Allié avec partage complet vue et unités
Sorry, my editor's in French, last line should be something like "ally with full shared vision and units". Also, this is assuming human players are players 1 - 4.

Level 18
Did you try using something simple like this?

• Temp
    • Evénements
      • Joueur - Joueur 1 (Rouge) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 2 (Bleu) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 3 (Cyan) leaves the game
      • Joueur - Joueur 4 (Pourpre) leaves the game
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
        • Boucle - Actions
          • Joueur - Make (Player((Integer A))) treat (Triggering player) as an Allié avec partage complet vue et unités
Sorry, my editor's in French, last line should be something like "ally with full shared vision and units". Also, this is assuming human players are players 1 - 4.

What is this "player((Integer A))" line? I can't figure out how to duplicate this in my editor.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.