• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Not controlable player units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi dear Hive Members,

I got a question about units.
Is the following possible and if yes how do I do it??

First a bit of explanation^^

I'm currently working on a AOS map and all 12 slots are already filled with players. So the creeps must belong to a player like red or blue or not??

now what I need:

- normal AOS Units (that belong to a player)

- The player mustn't be able to control them

- The player must be able to select them as they would be his allies/enemies units (drag but only select a maximum of 1)

- If the creeps lasthit a Tower or another creep they mustn't gain gold

- Players should still be able to create summons (if they got skills for that) and control their summoned units

Hope I made clear what my problem is and that someone can help me out.

Greetz Grantuu

So the creeps must belong to a player like red or blue or not??
No, use the neutral players. (DotA 6on6 does this too)

normal AOS Units (that belong to a player)
What, normally AOS units are not controlled by a player, or do you mean heroes?

The player mustn't be able to control them
Change the owner to neutral player again and let the color stay the same.

The player must be able to select them as they would be his allies/enemies units (drag but only select a maximum of 1)
Everytime when selecting an unit create an selection circle effect on the foot of the unit.

If the creeps lasthit a Tower or another creep they mustn't gain gold
I don't get this question?

Players should still be able to create summons (if they got skills for that) and control their summoned units
Just don't change that control of spawned units.

Level 12
As for the AOS units, I think he means the waves of units?

I don't play AOS, but that's the only thing I can think of.

Level 6
jup I mean the wave units.

well now I got 2 additional questions.

1. how do I color neutral units (i guess you meant team-color right?)

2. do neutral units fight against other neutral units if I give them an "attack-move" order and they meet along a lane??

Level 12
I would imagine they would attack if you ordered them to... I don't believe Neutral Units have an alliance thing, so they should be able to attack each other if ordered without a "Unable to target friendly units" type of situation.

Level 6
Well well....

It's been a while I got this problem now and still it's not working.

I guess the main problem for me are the following 2:

If I make the Lanecreeps wards I am still able to select them and make them walk where I want them to.
Sure I can create a a trigger that orders them to move on on their Lane each time they get an Order but... I don't think that would be the best.

If I would make the units neutral there aren't enough neutral player slots that actually fight against each other 'cause I need 3 Sides that beat the hack out of each other.

Again could someone help me out it would be just great^^

Greetz Grantuu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.