• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Reviving a project

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I have a project i've started long ago, but unfortunately it was abandoned a week later, 'cos had no time for it and then i was too lazy to revive it.
It is a strategy map based exclusively on aerial combat. Ground units are rare and used only to protect bases, which are built on small floating islands (or mountain tops, whatever =)) Map is set in fantasy setting.

Now I wonder if i should revive the project and if someone would like to get it off the ground, 'cos i'm working on a different project atm, but would help with this one too.

Races - four races total, matching the normal races
Dark Brotherhood (Undead) - demons and undead, all that kind of thing. Frost Wyrms, Nether Drakes etc.

Sky-Tech Union (Orcs) - generally goblins & dwarves and all the technic they make: Fling Machines, Zeppelins, etc.

Knights of Heaven (Human) - human warriors and paladins with angels by their side.

Elves (Night Elves) - powerful elven druids and sorcerers. Include wild (riderless) beasts as well as summoned creatures. Also hippogriph riders and such.

Dragons will be available as a neutral mercenaries, with heavily guarded camps though.

Resources: Gold and Radiance
Gold will be mined from gold mines found only on the islands. Radiance, a form of energy used to make flying units will be found in the air and i'm not sure who will gather it =)) maybe it'll be special workers.

Heroes:
Every race will have 4 heroes: 3 flying and 1 ground (to protect the base)

Thats it atm. TBH, i fear there's too few flying models for such a project...

Level 7
Well thats a pretty general description, I don't really know what to make of it.

To decide whether to work on it or not, just post everything you plan to have in the game. If in the end it doesn't amount to much, then don't do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.