• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

returning wood into the specific lumber mill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey folks, can anyone help me make a trigger that lets any player return their wood into this specific lumber mill. I'm trying to make my very first custom game but I'm bad at the triggers so if there's anyone who could help me with this :D

-1 lumber mill in the middle
-8 players gathering wood into the lumber mill

Level 21
I mean, you might get away with a botched job here, simply:

Place an invisible lumber mill without pathing for all players underneath the lumber mill that is actually visible.

Then when the visible lumber mill gets destroyed pick all others in the area and remove them by triggering.

Level 3

Place an invisible lumber mill without pathing for all players underneath the lumber mill that is actually visible.

Then when the visible lumber mill gets destroyed pick all others in the area and remove them by triggering.

now I got confused :D

Level 21
Are you using a single lumber mill location on the map?
I'm asking to see how complex you want to get with lumber mill stacking etc.

Level 21
Alright have a look at this map:

Basically to stack fake mills underneath you have to do:
make sure they are larger than the real mill so peasants will return properly ; uncheck "is a building" ; change movement type to flying ; stack them where wanted ; check is a building again ; hide them via triggering.

Attachments

• lumber mill stacked.w3m
    17.4 KB · Views: 21
Level 3
yo, this is just what i wanted, thank you very much. Never knew how i can stack buildings so i was waiting to write 300 word trigger to make it work but thats 100% simplier. A Game Angel Has Come
Alright have a look at this map:

Basically to stack fake mills underneath you have to do:
make sure they are larger than the real mill so peasants will return properly ; uncheck "is a building" ; change movement type to flying ; stack them where wanted ; check is a building again ; hide them via triggering.

So i did everything there but couldt still stack them so i made everyones collision 0 then reset. So thank you sooo much it now works just like i wanted, little bit weird were the peasant goes sometimes :D

Heres The Result of your help

Attachments

• Timber Wars.w3m
    59.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Level 21
Yeah that's a cool mini game concept.
You can get quite creative with something like that.

Btw, if you're bothered by the way peasants return their wood, you could simply place more fake mills around the real one - like slightly to the north, east, south, west of it. You'd just have to make them smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.