• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Retera Model Studio java error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hello ive been using the Retera Model Studio for a few months now and suddenly i am getting this error on startup

Unknown error occurred:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.matrixeater.src.MainPanel.<init>(MainPanel.java:1365)
at com.matrixeater.src.MainFrame.<init>(MainFrame.java:362)
at com.matrixeater.src.MainFrame$1.run(MainFrame.java:307)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)
it then takes me to to Retera Model Setup, i am unsure what to do from here?
no matter what i set it the mpq or game directy to it gives me this error, PLEASE i just wanna get back to working on my passion and i tried redownloading the program to no avail

Level 1
sorry for hastily making a thread on this the program allowed itself to work again after a few PC resets somehow but its still a very strange error if it persists i will let people know but this error somehow fixed itself and i hope that piece of knowledge helps someone else who was googling this to no avail! if you guys delete this thread i wont lose sleep over it
THE FIX: i had to delete the paths that werent working once i got the program half working and had to relaunch a few times in a row. the MPQ it references is from an older version of warcraft 3 and might not be the best file for the job and i might have to keep reseting the path to it but if a few relaunches is all it takes i wont complain hope who ever finds this thread is having an awesome day and can get back to doing what they love now

Last edited:
Level 20
I had to remove all the CASC files from the list before it would run again (leaving only the 1.26 MPQs).

The program was complaining that my local CASC files didn't match the web version on Hive (and I found no option to disable checking this).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Patch 1.32.10 changed the internal format of TVFS files by inserting a byte mid data structure which broke JCASC. I already pushed an update to the JCASC repository that fixes the error with it. I still do not know what the new byte is used for, but skipping it seems to do no harm and allows the rest of the reader to work.

TVFS files are used by Warcraft III to translate file paths to file data.

Retera Model Studio should be getting an update in the next few days with the fix. Be aware that the fix will prevent it from opening out-of-date local CASC storages as the new TVFS format is not backwards compatible with or distinct from the old one.

Last edited:
The program was complaining that my local CASC files didn't match the web version on Hive (and I found no option to disable checking this).
Are you using a version of Retera Model Studio that uses the internet? I do not think there are any versions of Retera Model Studio that should use the internet systems of your computer, so if your Retera Model Studio application claims to be using the internet for anything, you might be using a hacked version. It is a desktop computer application for modifying 3d assets and as such does not interact with the internet in any way, unless I'm forgetting something.

At times I have had the passing fancy of how I might benefit myself at the cost of the well-being of others if I covertly inserted something in Retera Model Studio to touch the internet, and in so doing give myself the kind of data metrics all the big companies want to have that allow them to know "how many active users" they have. However, I have not ever inserted anything like this into Retera Model Studio, since that would be ridiculous, and I would expect the community to publish their own mod of my software to remove the internet activity in that case if I did that.

Level 20
I downloaded whatever was posted on the Tools section.

ED: I downloaded the new one you posted and I think you seriously underestimate how much people won't go out and find a different version if it's not put in front of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.