• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Resurrection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Might as well throw these up here too. From last week's Weekly Terraining.
Yes, there if floating grass in the first shot.

Attachments

• Res5.jpg
    Res5.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 377
  • Res3.jpg
    Res3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 359
  • Res2.jpg
    Res2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 371
  • Res17.jpg
    Res17.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 338
Level 7
It looks good, though I think the units' shitty models and the whiteness of the fog/sky detract from it.

The first picture's the best, and I never noticed the floating grass until you said it!

Level 34
Agreed. The first is the best, and the models are ugly.

You do have a good sense of where to take shots. I have trouble with that.

Level 34
Also, why is there grass on marble tiles...?

@Gilles: I always get a camera angle before I make the terrain, create a camera, and create the entire terrain from that perspective. That is why I always only have 1 screenshot.
I do the same thing. Still doesn't always work.

Level 9
I do the same thing. Still doesn't always work.

Seconded. Sometimes the doodads/destructibles just won't go to the right place. Easily solved though.

Anyway, really nice terrain. But as mentioned earlier, shitty skeleton models. +rep

Level 28
Nice terrain, good for a 1st person game. But I didn't liked the skeleton models, they're ugly.

I always get a camera angle before I make the terrain, create a camera, and create the entire terrain from that perspective. That is why I always only have 1 screenshot.

I do the same thing. But my terrains are aways... hmm.... "complex", and I have to take at least 2 screens to show you the details. It is good to remember that the details are the difference.

Level 7
I do the same thing. But my terrains are aways... hmm.... "complex", and I have to take at least 2 screens to show you the details. It is good to remember that the details are the difference.

If I have a clear view of what I want my shot to be beforehand, I usually terrain it accordingly. But most of the time, I take the time to lay out a terrain and do it entirely and see what cool angles I can find, which is always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.