• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

"Resources in use" Models should ignore texture paths

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you import a model after editing its texture paths, Hive fails to recognize the model and add it to the list in "Resources in use". I think this could be changed so when the models are matched the texture paths are set to "" so they match, no matter what the textures are. One problem with this would be that models copied from the base game model might get matched with random models on Hive. This can be solved by making Hive have all the base models and first matching the imported models against the base models. If a match is found, it means it's based on a base model and will not appear in "Resources in use". If no match is found, it's matched with the models uploaded to Hive, and if a match is made it's added to the "Resources in use". In both cases, the textures are set to "" both for the imported model and the base/uploaded model, so modified textures aren't taken into consideration.

If you edit a file, Hive doesn't recognize it. Hive looks at the file to compare them. If they're edited, they're not the same.

I get what you mean, but this is not really possible to fix.
So even if I save the model with the same texture, it will not be recognized?

Another possibility would be to allow us to link used resources manually, either by typing the links in a special section or the name of them with an autocomplete function (like the thread name and author name). This way, both the resource's usage and the map's used resources make references, even though it was edited. The only problem with this is mapmakers might add resources to the list that aren't used, though I don't think that would be a major problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.