• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reset Height fields & adjust cliff levels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How do this 2 options work? Reset height fields and adjust cliff levels

Dibujo-5.jpg

Level 16
Reset Height Field: Randomizes terrain elevation (uses ''Noise'' height tool over whole map).

You can also edit ''smoothness'' of raised terrain and Variation. Less Variation = Lesser number of ''small hills''

Adjust Cliff Level: Raises/lowers cliff level in entire map (for example: -2 will decrease cliff level on entire map by 2).

Level 11
i have a couple of troublesome parts in my terrain and i want to change them but anything i do turns the terrain in some odd way... everything has to do with ramps -.-

any idea on how i can do to fix that terrain?

Level 16
If I have understood you well,

Your ramps don't look good, or can't be placed.
I recommend you this: Do not use Blizzard's cliffs, use rise/lower tool. With Jass NewGen Pack, you can use raise tool without any limits.

When you rise/lower your cliffs, just terrain them with specific tile (for example, Ashenvale Rock). In JNGP, you can customize tile pathability. More info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.