• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting somebody to texture model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
I see you're using Milkshape.
This tutorial is my favourite one and it's shows how to texture a model.
http://www.iinit.com/tutorial.cfm?category=2&source=2&tutorial=5
But you shouldn't use a custom texture, because it's much to big and doesn't fit into WC3.
But fortunately, there are many good ingame textures who look nearly like your picture.
Use Magos Model Editor to find those textures in the MPQ Browser
A good one is "UI\Glues\SinglePlayer\HumanCampaign3D\Castle.blp"
You can also export textures to .bmp to use it as a Material in Milkshape 3D.
Just find your favoured texture in the MPQ Browser, open it by double clicking on it.
Then go to Window->Texture Manager and right click on the texture, choose Export, now put ".bmp" behind the file name and save it.
Then use it as a Material in Milkshape 3D and wrap it on the model (like the Tutorial teaches you)

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Thx alot, gonna try adding the texture now.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

>.<, figured out how to use the texture and apply it to the model, but when I export it from milkshape the texture disappears and it turns back to a white model.....

Convert the model with a MDL <> MDX Converter and then open it with a text editor. Change the texture from "White.blp" to "Units/Orc/YourSkin.blp" and then convert it back.

tada^^

Attachments

• 1..jpg
    1..jpg
    31 KB · Views: 130
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 111

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

=D thx so much!