• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Requested Spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If anyone could do me a favor and make this spell for me I would appriciate it.
Spell name: Mana Burn
Effects: Does damage base on casters current mana. Level 1 50% of current mana = damage. Level 2 75% of current mana = damage. Level 3 100% of current mana = damage. If u have any cool effects I would appriciate it, if not i can look around and import one. Im basing it on EQ Wizards Mana burn if that helps u know what im goin for here. Thanks in advance for the help.

Level 2
Re

My mana burn deals damage to a target unit, based on how much mana the caster has currently. (e.g. Caster has 500 mana and lvl 1 mana burn, he casts on enemy and deals 250 damage... lvl 3 mana burn would do 500 dmg in this scenario.)

Level 9
My idea is this,
Make a trigger & i dont know if this should work:

Mana Burn:
E: a unit cast an ability
C: unit type of casting unit=(your unit) & ability being cast= Mana Burn
A:
create Special Effect (anything at your will) to the position of targeted unit or casting unit (not sure if there is "Targeted Unit")

Set mana of targeted unit = to mana of casting unit + 0
wait xx sec
destroy last special effect

Level 2
re

Thanks for the tip.. i was messing around with it and figured it out. But i have to use a seperate trigger for each lvl of the spell In case anyone is interested it is :
Event- Unit Starts the Effect of an ability
Condition- Ability being cast = Mana Burn
Condition- Level of Mana Burn for triggering unit = 1
Action- Create Special Effect(your choice) at target point of ability being cast
Action- Unit (damage target) - Order triggering unit to damage target of ability being cast for ((percentage mana of triggering unit times 100) times .5) ** this is done to get the 50% of mana = dmg **
Action- Set mana of triggering unit to 0
Action- Destroy last created special effect

Status
Not open for further replies.