• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Detection System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I need a suggestion of a good damage detection system to add to my map.

I need something that help me with this:

I have a spell based of Searing Arrows
I want that spell to burn mana each attack (but feedback is a orb too)
I'm using now "unit - a unit is attacked" to burn their mana, but if the attacker right-click spawn it can burn the mana more quickly.

So, I need a system that give me some sort of "is damaged" event or something like that.

Level 12
Wc3campaigns.net :
Vexorian's orb stacking
And the "On attack template" by someone whose name I do not remember.
Or
Wc3jass.com
Vexorians damage detection engine, which is almost the same as the orb stacking, but is rather simpler to understand, but I think is older(with bigger chance not to detect the damage on the attack).

Level 12
On Attack Template
Attack Detection Engine
Oh, I have no Idea :D
And also I am not sure if an attack detection system would work for this one, but you asked for one :D
As I am not sure if searing arrows(for example) is considered as an attack, but I think it is.
There are instructions inside those. They require a wii bit of jass(custom script call somefunction)
P.s. I use my own ... (lets just say messy) ... attack detection.

Status
Not open for further replies.