• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Requested Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
A review of the map Brute Wars v0.50 by the beta tester Lior ( Account best_player_88 )

Story:
As said in the game loading screen, a group of champions is about to overtake the old champions of the world
It is a good story and could be even better if it is indeed litteraly "units are going to proove that they are better than heroes"
... but instead it is a legion of units going againts other units which is not as cool ^_^
After 22 minutes I got lost in the forest and was forced to end the review.

Errors:
1) This unit pick mechanic need rework due to how confusing it is.
2) Is it intended that I shouldnt know which direction to go? The map is always making you confused about where to go this is an error in my eyes.
3) Skeletal Champion passive orb effect "tool tip missing".
4) the points of action are too far between there is not enought enemies and there is too much empty path. The map need to be reshaped.

~~ The Great Features I Liked ~~

* impressive orb effect on Revenent.
* Items get teleported back.
* Healing Well is not touchable to make you less concern about out of game triggers.

Recommanded Features:
1) Swap enemy units with heroes to make the story line I thought was present.
2) Make a textured path that is showing you how to move and where to go, add signs, text and so on to tell the players where they need to go.

Bonus Ideals:
To make a map that has nature that does not confuse the player:
1) Terrain up or down as in top hill and a pit
2) Pathblockers that has visual effect to hint that a road is closed
3) Use trees / destructable that cannot be destroyed and cannot be walked upon
4) Message the player and ping his map

Last edited:
A Review of Defenders of Tranquility v0.26 by Lior ( account best_player_88 )

Story:
Game loading screen, was blank, I assume there is no story?
I guess that my hero was summoned from the druid land to be the absolute body guard of The Ancient One.
Quests botton didn't give any information. And after the main unit died, nothing happened. The game need a story or some sort of explain.

Errors:
1) Thorns Aura should effect heroes as well as ancients.
2) No hotkeys?
3) Level 2 took 20 minutes to come?!
4) Minute 30 into the game, still no level 3?
5) The game isn't over when it should end.

~~ The Great Features I Liked ~~
* Very fast loading time.
* Starfall on hero.
* I like how you restrict the player to have only one tower.
* Mana stone infinte charges.
* Very hard and stressful game, like a survival game should be played.

Recommanded Features:
1) Make level 1 a bit harder and make the whole levels much faster.
2) Make a " Unit Count " Trigger on screen so that you can tell how many more units are needed to die, to give sense of progression.
3) Make treants have mana so that furion can use his spell on one of his actual units.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.