• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

crazy mapmakers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
some people want to make a game, so they retreat to their basement, where hours, and even days are wasted creating the "one thing" that wc3 needs, the desire to be idolized by all fuels this passion, at the beginning, this was just a fun thing for you to do, creating a game that YOU actually think is fun, but the strive to make it better starts a new passion, creating many maps, so days, weeks, and months you go without seeing any sign of life, your obsession, and only purpose is to spam the custom game list with "new map!!! join!!!" while a very tiny % of them are rehosted by other ppl.

Level 9
Reminds me, I need to get a scanner and get my better art up on Wc3Sear.ch sometime... but I doubt it'll be soon. (It'll happen when WoW becomes F2P.)

Level 6
I've put quite some time into a few maps, and then try to expose them online, usually with ok result.

There's nothing wrong with hosting your own maps, how else are you supposed to get it out there? Of course, if your maps look like they took 5-10 minutes to make and you think you're genious and revolutionary, that's another matter. I've always tried to be realistic and objective. :)

The problem I encountered was that few people seemed to understand basic English, or they thought they're too leet to read the (1)loading screen, (2)into text, (3)quest, AND (4)explainations from me/allies.
Made me want to cry from pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.