• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request to Fix Major Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is mainly for you Zwieb:

Being a Mac user, I can understand the frustrations that this issue has caused and how frustrating it is, so I am requesting (And pleading!) to you Zwieb to "fix" it. The icon that you chose for many of the "Runes" in the game currently cause ANY and ALL Mac user's games to FREEZE completely! This ONLY occurs when you CLICK on the said runes, which includes when they drop and when somebody has one equipped / in their backpack.

I have talked to countless people that have had this issue, and they are all Mac users. I was told it may have something to do with the format of the icon, or how it is uploaded to the map (Or something along those lines). So please Zwieb, please change the icon.. I can't buy "Crystal Items" because I can't click on that vendor because she sells one of the Runes that causes this - quite frustrating!

I hope you consider doing this and if a 1.1E does come out, it will contain this change! Thanks

Level 3
There may not be anything wrong with the icon, but there is something wrong with the way Mac's handle the icon (In whatever sense that takes). I am not requesting a major overhaul.. just change the icon to something else? The only monk weapon I can see without freezing and having to quit is the Weak Glyph. Maybe just use that one?

You can argue that you doubt it's the reason, but as I said, I've talked to COUNTLESS Mac users who CANNOT click on the Crystal Item vendor or monks / people holding those specific glyphs (Weapons) WITHOUT freezing completely (Not to be confused with disconnecting).

It's getting very frustrating trying to heal your d3 team only to accidentally click on the monk twice to shield him and freezing mid-fight, forcing you to force-quit and leave the game.. I have gotten to the point where I won't even D3 with monks anymore.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
There may not be anything wrong with the icon, but there is something wrong with the way Mac's handle the icon (In whatever sense that takes). I am not requesting a major overhaul.. just change the icon to something else? The only monk weapon I can see without freezing and having to quit is the Weak Glyph. Maybe just use that one?

You can argue that you doubt it's the reason, but as I said, I've talked to COUNTLESS Mac users who CANNOT click on the Crystal Item vendor or monks / people holding those specific glyphs (Weapons) WITHOUT freezing completely (Not to be confused with disconnecting).

It's getting very frustrating trying to heal your d3 team only to accidentally click on the monk twice to shield him and freezing mid-fight, forcing you to force-quit and leave the game.. I have gotten to the point where I won't even D3 with monks anymore.
Alright, I will publish a 1.1e version for you mac users with those fixed icons this evening.

Level 3
Alright, I will publish a 1.1e version for you mac users with those fixed icons this evening.

Thanks Zwieb! Despite my rather condemning tone I had in my last post, I really do appreciate you fixing this! I know not just myself, but all the other Gaias Mac users out there will be very pleased if this solves the issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.