• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Major multiplayer issue!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Im kinda new here but im a huge fan of the map, but i have a huge issue: Well you see i hosted this game numerous times and every time I do, when we get to the skele king, and he uses inferno everyone but me are dropped from the game. Im on a Mac in case that has anything to do with it. Hope you can fix this:thumbs_up:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Macs are notorious to split or crash in WC3. I advise getting a windows PC if you want to play WC3 without such crashes.
One such known problem is that mac users suffer when trigger made terrain deformations are executed (resulting is a split or fatal error, I forget which exactly).

Thus just because the map plays perfectly on XP / vista / W7 does not mean it will on the mac installation.

The only real way is to report the problems and then the maker has to add a -MAC mode which removes them.

Level 10
One such known problem is that mac users suffer when trigger made terrain deformations are executed (resulting is a split or fatal error, I forget which exactly).

I use mac, and I made a map that created permanent terrain deformations in over 20 places shortly after map init. It never caused any problems. But it may be because it was made by a mac, and not by PC.

Level 30
Don't worry, your not the only person to experience this bug. I think there are some compatability issues between this map and the new patch for warcraft 3 :S Just the other day I was testing the map and everyone suddenly dropped out at the thousand pounder boss :S

Its strange though, sometimes is happens, and sometimes it doesnt which makes it incredibly hard to pinpoint exactly whats going wrong xD

Whatever the cause, I'll solve it eventually, even if I have to bring in some outside help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.