• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request: Spell Design; Spell Name: Tamper Tantrum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So it's a spell for a hero that likes to tamper with the enemy heroes.

I've got quite a few ideas for what to do, so before I finalize what I want to do with the spell, I want to see what ideas I get from some others for it.

I was thinking to start the spell, every hero in the area except the caster would get a small mana burn(lose like 25 mana or something). Then the hero would turn etheral, and gain a movespeed bonus. Then as he approaches heroes, they get status effects, maybe a weapon or armor break...maybe something else, I don't know. I want to get some ideas from you guys on what a tamper tantrum should be.

It's a bit of a play on words. usually we say temper tantrum for when someone's temper has risen tremendously...usually in regards to children who don't see the value of keeping their temper in check. In this case, this hero tampers with the enemy heroes a lot with his abilities, but this spell will be the epitomy of it. i don't want the spell to be too strong if it's not going to be the ultimate...but maybe it will be. Not really sure. That's why I'd like some ideas from you guys.

I don't think I want the ability stunning the heroes.
I think it should probably be something that is centered around what will happen to heroes that are near the tamperer. So to avoid him, they would have to run away. But I want running away to be difficult, possibly by making the tamperer invisible, or simply increasing movespeed. This will have the effect of either hitting multiple heroes with the ability, or less but making the heroes scatter. It would also trade reliability for power, because it would affect the allied heroes too, at least most of the spell if not all of it.

That's my idea concept, but if you think you have something better beyond those bounds, try to submit something within them first, and then give me your other idea as well.

I already have a spell that misdirects point target spells and another which redirects unit target spells back at the caster...sortof an evasion ability with a chance...and there is a spell for draining mana in an area...so this is the only ability that isn't pretty much done and I'm not sure what direction to go with it exactly...but I don't mind taking a while to code it, I just don't want to code it and be like...hmm...I don't like that design, and have to recode it all again. So please give me your design ideas for the spell!!

Since it's a Tantrum, it would probably have about the same cooldown and duration values as what we would think it would belong in the same class as Terrorblade from DotA's metamorphosis spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.