• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[SD/Modeling] REQUEST: Speech Bubbles!

Level 2
Hi, first time making a thread on the site!
I have been trying to make a handful of 2D Speech Bubble models to use as spells (same concept as the silence spell), though I made the pictures themselves which you will see posted below I can't make models out of them! I have been reading tutorials regarding W3 modeling but with no prior experience and no thread with a similar concept I can't do the Job*! I would really appreciate if someone could turn my images to .mdl models and post how they did it if possible! (I have to learn somehow haha)

It should be noted that i have no problem converting images to .blp format but using them as images doesn't really work as they stick flat on the ground.
*Blender and the mdl exporter keep bugging out on me and am currently reinstalling hoping the situation improves.

Attachments

• BossBubble1.png
    BossBubble1.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 5
  • BossBubble2.png
    BossBubble2.png
    76.1 KB · Views: 4
  • SpeechBubble.png
    SpeechBubble.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 4
  • SpeechBubble1.png
    SpeechBubble1.png
    63.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Speechbubble2.png
    Speechbubble2.png
    89.5 KB · Views: 4
Level 20
Here you go, hope I haven't forgotten anything ^^"

Anyway what I did was converting your textures into .tga format because I saw you added an alpha channel but the .blp wouldn't apply it correctly after converting the .pngs, so there's that

Thanks to the alpha channel, the bubbles themselves are just a basic plane with transparency, so the bubbles appear exactly as they are in the textures.

Pretty much all was made with War3 Model Editor and MDLVis for the anims :)

Attachments

• Bubbles.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 6