• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request, Leveling Up Spells w/triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello!

I have been working on making a "Hero Building" game, but I have a problem. Maybe you could help.

I am trying to make a map where you choose a hero(one with no abilities), then you choose 4 abilities(three normal hero abilities, and one ultimate), and you can upgrade the abilities to higher levels as you get more skill points.

Now my trouble is, I dont know of a good way to increase the levels of the abilities once the Hero gets the abilities. Can you please recommend how I might trigger this?

Thank you.

PS, I tried asking this else where in these forums, but I was told I should ask this here.

Level 6
Try to use chat messages commands, for example:
--Event:
Player types a chat message containing "Upgrade Ability 1" as an exact match
--Condition: (Integer)
Unspent skill point o Hero greater than or equal to 1
--Actions:
(here you add 1 point to the first ability of the Hero and remove 1 unspent skill point from it :roll:

I think this maybe a good solution, because chat messages does not interrupt the gameplay! :wink:

Hope that helped you!

Level 2
this is going to be extremely rough and may not even be possible, because I have never done it but I will try.
A unit uses an ability

ability equal to = learn roots

unit has ability roots

add 1 level to roots for triggering unit

if this even semi works i can make a trigger that refunds your money if its like max level or something... Bye ^ ^

Level 10
but that would mean the ability would only level up IF the unit uses that spell. and it might cause bugs if the unit happens to have 2 skills points onto that spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.