• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It is easy and you can do it yourself.
Import the texture to your map by the import manager (make sure that the texture is in .blp format, there are many converters for that).
Double click the imported file in the import manager window and chick the use custom path box then use this path (the blood mage texture path in the war3x.mpq file):

Textures\Hero_BloodElf.blp

Save and restart the world editor and load your map and all the blood mage models will have your texture on them.
And for the future, upload the files to this site instead of sharing sites(the little clip pin next to the white smiley face).
And welcome to the world of modding.

Level 1
I've tried a tutorial from the YouTube, but the problem is the texture. I used the War3ModelEditor, put the texture blp file inside the model mdx file and edited somethings on "material manager" to the model use the texture. But when I'm going to use in the World Editor (and in-game), it doesn't works. The editor says "Cannot Load" the model and what appears is a cube.
That's why a need someone to do the model.

PS: The texture file I've used to edit is PNG and after the edition I transform intro BLP. Is there a problem with PNG format?

@EDIT
I've fixed the error. Thanks for the help =D

Status
Not open for further replies.