• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Request for Water or Air spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Intro: Hello my name is Water_Bender and I am looking for a water or air spell.
Project: My project I am working on is game about four elements and fighting. The four elements are "Water, Earth, Fire, and Air"
Request: My request is for a Water Spell or a Air spell.
Name: I am not sure what the water spell would be called but the air one would be "Air Gust" or something like that.
Type: They would both be spells that do damage. The air would give a small knockback and the water would slow the target down for four seconds.
Details: The water one needs to look like a wave and the air needs to look like a hudge force of air flying at the target.

Level 22
kevv. read carefully, he says that he wants a wave and a gust of air. i think he wants the creator to use his imagination. he also said "target" so its single target, he also mentions knockback, and slowing. please read carefully.

Level 3

Ok, so here are some more details: I want the wave spell not to look like crushing wave (The Model) and I want it to hit targets in a row though like shockwave. For the air spell I was thinking mabye a side ways tornado that only hits one target. Here are some pictures of what they might look like.

Attachments

• Waterbending1.jpg
    Waterbending1.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Waterbending2.jpg
    Waterbending2.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 121
Level 3
Ok I like the spell but exactly how do i import it? I copy/pasted all of the things, and it says everything is fine, but when I add the spell to a hero a few actions turn off. They are the "Unit- Create 1 Unit for (Owner of WaterCaster) at WaterDummyPoint facing Default building facing degrees". Did I do something wrong?

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Anything else to add Kyrbi0? Or are you done? "Avatard" is not a word.

Ouch... Just asking a question, that no one answered. And 'Avatard' is a word as much as... 'pwn' is a word (as in, it's not really a word, but it's an Internet term). It is used to refer to someone who is obsessed with Avatar (like myself, to some degree).

Yes, I'm done, though. Chill out, man :p

Level 3
Ok, yea so there is no files>presettings and when I try to enable the action it says "This function cannot be enabled becuase not all parameters have vaules."

Level 3
Yea! I got it to work, thanks for your help so far but I have one last question for your spell: Where do I change the amount of damage? Do I just change it in the spell or is it something with the triggers?

Level 10
that would be in triggers, in the bottom of TRigger1 copy, where you find "Cause WaterCaster to damage WaterDamagedUnit, delaing (10 x level of (the spell), adjust the 10 with a higher to get more damage or lower to get lower damage.

Level 3
Ok I think this is the problem I didn't change it but I was looking through the trigger because for some reason it changes when I copy and paste it into the map from the other map here is what it says:
Actions
Unit - Create 1 WAterDamage for (Owner of WaterCaster) at WaterDummyPoint facing Default building facing degrees
Set WaterMovingDum = (Last created unit)
Unit - Set level of Earthquake for WaterMovingDum to (Level of Wind Walk for WaterCaster)
Unit - Add a (Random real number between 4.00 and 6.00) second Generic expiration timer to WaterMovingDum
Animation - Change WaterMovingDum's animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
Set WaterDamageMovePoint = (WaterCastingPoint offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and 325.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
Unit - Order WaterMovingDum to Move To WaterDamageMovePoint
Set WaterMovingDum = No unit
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_WaterDamageMovePoint)
Unit - Create 1 WAterDamage for (Owner of WaterCaster) at (WaterDummyPoint offset by 100.00 towards (WaterAngle + 90.00) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Set level of Earthquake for WaterMovingDum to (Level of Wind Walk for WaterCaster)
Unit - Add a (Random real number between 4.00 and 6.00) second Generic expiration timer to WaterMovingDum
Animation - Change WaterMovingDum's animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
Set WaterDamageMovePoint = (WaterCastingPoint offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and 325.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
Unit - Create 1 WAterDamage for (Owner of WaterCaster) at (WaterDummyPoint offset by 100.00 towards (WaterAngle + 270.00) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Water Damage ) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Set WaterDamagedUnit = (Picked unit)
Unit - Cause WaterCaster to damage WaterDamagedUnit, dealing (10.00 x (Real((Level of Wind Walk for WaterCaster)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Magic
Set WaterDamagedUnit = No unit

It says level of wind walk for watercaster in some parts, when in the other maps trigger it says level of crushing wave so that might be what is making it not do damage, but I am not sure how to change it. I was looking under actions but couldn't seem to find the same command to replace it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.