• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request - Editing Trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, I am in need of a little bit of modeling help on my map. Just to tell a little, basically trees in my map fall over when they are shot by a gun but the problem is the death animation is not quite right.

The tree modeling needing editing is the Lordaeron trees 0 through 9, so 9 models altogether but each model should have the same death animation. What I am in need of is the removal of the stump and to edit the tree dying so that instead of sinking down into the ground as it falls over, i simply just need it to pivot over so basically a 90 degree fall. So when the tree is shot, it falls over, and your left with a dead tree that is laying there sideways.

If you have any questions feel free to ask Ill answer them best I can.

Here are the 9 models, I am giving them to you because they are slightly modified by myself just an extra layer of leaves is all nothing else changed. The models are in this zip file below.

Thanks

Last edited:
Level 8
hmm, sorry i got mixed up in the dates since it says i posted this the 21st, guess i should fix the time zones. ^_^ not exactly 48 hours but i thought it was more than a day my apologies. I dont post much on hive as I used to spend most of my time on thehelper so I was accustomed to the 24 bump from there.

I was going to edit my bump post as an update before you posted so I guess ill just post it in this and just not bump for a while. I thought it would be better if I show what exactly I am doing with these trees so whoever may want to give this a shot will know and get a sense of what the model they are going to edit will be used in.

The video example doesnt do the map justice, but it was a quick video example of shooting some trees, and some barrels I think were also with that. I havent exactly configured the sensitivity yet so its difficult at times to aim using arrow keys while fraps is recording but nontheless heres the vid. The sound seems to be off in the video as well not that it really matters.

as you can see, the trees simply sink into the ground and disappear when shot leaving only a stump, what im attempting to do is the tree falls over and lays there, no stump, no sinking in the ground.

and again apologies for the premature bump, was an honest mistake in the time zones and ill wait 2 days now for the next one, but hopefully i wont require the need to. :)

Level 8
yes yes, and im well aware of that, i noted above that i thought it was 24 hours since i usually am on thehelper more. i appreicaite you letting me know, but not to be rude but now your kind of just ruining the thread with this off topicness about bumping. yes, i premature bumped when I shouldnt have due to my mistake and now I know so there shouldnt be any more problems to post about it. I want to keep this on topic with the model request.

thanks

Level 8
bump, still in need of trees that will fall over without sinking into the ground. I tried to do it myself but in gmax the animations are buggy upon importing.

if all those trees is too much, just doing tree 8 and tree 9 is fine. Those two are the better of the batch in regards of looks.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.