• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tree stump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
i think this is a very basic model which many people may need and would probably use. i was thinking someone needs to make a tree stump. Blizzards "Dead tree" in world editor is just a little tiny stump coming out of the ground, i think some one needs to make a tree stump that is slightly higher but has no or very little branches and leaves. This model would also be good for some one doing a burnt forest, because all they would have to do is change the wood to a black color. This would also not be an incredibly hard thing to make.

If there is a model like this could some one give me a link, i cant see to find anything like it in the model page

Level 15
cant you just change Z scale of the existing stump to make it higher? i dont think branches are a problem in any case

Level 16
You can't change ''Dead Tree's'' Z size. It is just ''Stand Alternate'' animation and you can't set alternate animation tag to doodads. Only to units and dead destructibles. If you make them as unit/destructible you won't be able to change Z scale.

Use this doodad: Doodads\Ashenvale\Props\AshenHollowStump\AshenHollowStump.mdl and increase it's Z scale.

Screenshot:
57155d1244548702-tree-stump-aas.jpg

Attachments

• aas.JPG
    aas.JPG
    4.6 KB · Views: 191
Level 15
pf, just remove pathing, make it a cinematic doodad and u'll be able to with it whatever you want, no? pathing then can be applied with pathing blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.