• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[request critic] Raszul's HeroLine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Request
I ask you to playtest my map and give me a short summary of the improvments you think would be usefull. If you do not want to download it, of do not have the will to play it (yet) please read at least the description i wrote below and give me a few ideas of your own.

Map
Map:: Raszul's HeroLine (download)
Maptype:: HeroLine

Author:: Lord Raszul
Version:: 0.24 - BETA

Features::
  • all Heroes are custom Heroes
  • 200 HeroLevel
  • extraoridnary Hero ideas
  • theme orientated creep levels
  • much much more

Heroes

• All Heroes have the 'Attribute Bonus' ability with 100 levels and a '+3 to every attribute per level' bonus.
  • All Abilities have a minimum hero level of 1 and can be choosen every 2nd level.
  • All Ultimates have a minimum hero level of 10 and can be choosen every 10th level.

DeathKnight
Abilities
  • Undead Army(30)
    A modified carion beatle ability wich has a limit of 1 skeleton for every 3 levels of ability. Each level improves the skeletons
  • Necropotence(30)
    passiv
    Each level improves liferegeneration and movmentspeed (not attackspeed).
  • Bone Armor(30)
    passiv
    Ignores some damage. The amount of ignored damage and the minimal taken damage increase with every level.
  • Souls of the Fallen(10)
    Ultimate
    This is a modified LocusSwarm without Lifesteal.
    I used the Banshee-MindControl-Missle modle for the souls.

Vampire
Abilities
  • Swarm of Bats(30)
    This is a renamed CarrionSwarm
  • Drain Life
    explains itself prety well, doesn't it?
  • Vampyrism(30)
    passiv
    This grants a lifesteal bonus of 3% per level. It also provides a 0.2% chance to convert a killed unit into a minor vampire. ( This counts for all units with vampyrism ). The new vampire has vampyrism at one level below the current level of it's creator.
  • Reincarnate(10)
    Ultimate

Necromancer
Abilities
  • Undead Army(30)
    this is the smae ability as the one of the deathknight. But each level also improves the skeletons summoned with 'raise Dead'.
  • raise Dead(30)
    This is the same ability as the raise dead of the undead necromancer. one skeleton for every 2 levels of ability are summoned. They life for 21 seconds. Each level of this ability improves the summoned skeletons of 'raise Dead' and 'Undead Army'.
  • Necromancy(30)
    passiv
    Each level improves all skeletons. It also increases the lifetime for the 'raise Dead' skeletons by 1 each level.
  • Magnum Opus of Necromancy(10)
    Ultimate
    This is the ultimate that the normal DeathKnight has. But it raises 7 units per level. These are permanent but no longer invulnerable.

Level 6
Thanks for your reply.

I will look for another minimap as soon, as the rest does work (that means 3 different headquaters and at least 12 heroes - the one side of the selection area )

I have noticed the problem with the creeps runing around a hero and into the chance-loss area earlier and my friend ( NeXoR ) will edit the terain to fix that problem. -> style and terain is his subject ^^

-> I will also try to add a short description of the concepts of the 21 other heroes i already wrote down.

-> I will also upload a new version ( with 3 different headquaters and different creeps ) tomorrow. I hope it's not to hard then ^^

-> If you have any ideas about heroes just post them below. But i need the following facts:
  • HeroName( including the list of names the may have ingame )
  • Primary Attribute
  • Range/Melee
  • Model
  • Abilities
    - Name
    - ultimate, passiv, activ, autocast, dummy(triggered ability)
    - effect
  • short description ( one or two sentences describing the idea behind the hero )
I would love to enlarge the selection area ^^

Level 18
I have played both the 0.21 and the 0.22 the 0.22 is surely better then the one before... but it also have many buggs!

First i want to say the archer and the orc hero on the left side dont work u cant choose them, i have read ur posts above so u dont want that we could use them yet but u shall remove them then cuz it sucks when u try to get it and cant get them so u take the other ones and be a lil sad.

Second i want to say that some players are bugged!!
i played with my friend and we played fullhouse, he was orange and on the enemyside and could send ME units in the normal menu we are friends and hes on the other side sending us units, i dont know if this will happen with other last player positions like brown or so but u should check it.

Third make the first line creeps easier i was on lvl 10 with the dreadlord and cant kill anything i was instantly dead so they need a lil bit less hp ad dmg thats the sence to send cheap and easy creeps great up early and send the btter ones.

Fourth yea give the Heroes more "custom spells" so the dreadlord has the same abilitys as the normal one in the game --> lifeleach aura, sleep, and so on.. and they are useless i skilled only vampirism and the attributs so u will need more special abilitys, of curse if u say "all heroes have custom abilitys" the people who play this map want to test them but when they see its just the normal ability with other stats and lvlable to lvl10 .... u know what i mean?! just change some things.

5th i think the way is good it shall be long cuz so u have changes to kill mostly of the coming creeps if u are alone or play 2on2 u nearly havent a change to kill all or most of them they just overrun u and u will die, and i know what about im talking ^^ i send mass lvl 1 and 2 units the enemies too but i was alone and they with 3 players the cant hold them so good but mainly they got all of them. i cant kill 5 of them i just lose the match and i can do anything cuz my teamates left the game.

so i talked about many mistakes and bugges i ant to say something good:

i like the new style of the game so u have one big line in which the enemys are walking. the items are good and i wish that u add more special one so one with some extra abilitys like 10% life leach for ranged units or a boost in hp whatever ... the spell system is also funny and usefull too but u shall do the small one the firebolt u send with the less amount of mana like 5 or so u only can kill one unit so u shall spell this more then 1 or 2 times cuz for the many monsters which spawn u havent a change with it but mainly i love ur idea for the map just work on it a lil harder fix the buggs and then repost the next beta version on this site!! i will dowload it and play it ;) for sure!

Level 6
Upgrade

Ok, i hove now uploaded a new version (v0.23).
Within this version i have fixed a few bugs (list below) added a new hero and recreated ALL creeps.
I have also added some new features like commands (for those who dislike the multiboard ^^ i know it's a bit big).

Bugfixes::
  • Player 6
    Player 6 was, by a grave mistake, counted as part of the second team. I fixed it and he should now belong to the first one.
  • Disabled Heroes
    I enabled the ThunderMage (description below) and removed the archer(for now). I hope that now no one will be anoyed by unusable heroes.
  • Creep power
    I decreased the damage and hp of all creeps by a lot and generaly changed all of them by a lot. there is now 1 range fighter and one caster within every row. (exception: last row)
  • Dreadlord Spells
    I increased the strength of the 'Swarm of Bat' Ability by removing the max amount of damage. (now all creeps within its way will be damaged)
    >> I do not now what ability i should use to replace 'Drain Life'. Please give me some of your ideas so i can improve that hero!

Commands:
  • "-kills"
    Shows the name of each (playing) player and the number of kills he/she has.
  • "-income"
    Shows the name of each (playing) player and his/her current income.
  • "-deathes"
    Shows how often each player has died.
  • "-level"
    Displayes the level of each hero.

New Hero
Thunder Mage
Abilities
  • Chain Lightning
  • Forked Lightning
  • Lightning Shield
  • Monsun
    Ultimate

sorry for not writing the whole description for every ability the thunder mage has -> they are to well known ^^.

I hope I fixed most(or even all) bugs wich have existed.

-> I now that there are some mistakes within the tooltips but i don't want to look for them alone. if you find one plz report it to me.
-> I will try to create v0.24 until this evening. Within that version should be the second headquater(enabled this time and with all creeps ^^) and maybe a few new heroes and/or items.

In general: i will try my best to improve that map as fast as possible.

Level 6
Update

I have now done, as promised. I just finished v0.24.
I haven't added another hero yet, but I have fixed all the bugs mentioned above. I also added a few other things.

• Leaver
    Units of leavers will now be removed. I'm thinking about giving the rest of the team the income and the current gold, but i beliefe I'll not do that (or at least not soon).
  • Version
    Now the version is written corectly on each of the 3 positions.

Addons::
  • Headquaters Level 2
    I have added all 11 units to the headquater and made it possible to upgrade it. (Even though i forgot to remove the red 'disabled' text below it.)
  • Items
    I added several items (one without use yet, but neccessery for a planed hero). These heroes have single-target effect like lifesteal or other aura effect (but only the one cariing the item has the bonus - a hero will be able to transform these items into aura-items).

I think that's all I'll do today, not shure about it, but it looks pretty much like it.
If you have any suggestions, just write them down.

Level 18
the way is ok cuz if he would make it smaller the creeps are earlier at the "chance-lost" area, so make melee heroes run faster, and range heroes can be slow/normal, cuz they attack with range ;)

i havent test the new version but as i read ur new posts u forgot to change some things in the spell building so it would be great if u add this, just as an idea:

i would like that the firebolt spell only has 10 or 5 mana cost and a new ability with area effect not big just affects like 5-10 or 15 units and teleport them to the enemy site at the begining and they changed to an enemy unit, so u can save ur lifes and send the creeps to the enemys that would be great, would use like 500 mana or so.

...and for the hero hmm how about lil splash, max lvl does only 45% thats enough, then remove the life leec haura and replace them with the locust ability and change the insects to any bloody thing, lasts 10 seconds as another ability for the vampirism-aura it and with each lvl i would increase the amount of bloody things that fly around, like at lvl 1 u have 5 then lvl 2 u have 10 and so on... just as an idea
and hmm an ultimate maybe a blood wave use the wave from he taurenchieftain and change models to a bloody things *lol* and when he casts it he loses some life that would be also great so he spent some life for this attack to kill many creeps. so he will lose more life with each lvl but he shouldnt die on this spell so u ned a trigger that controls it like when life = under the amount of the lvl he cant spell it. hmm so maybe it woudl be easier when u make it like lvl1 u lose 50 life, and lvl2 u lose 100, so a trigger u can say life that lost is "lvl x 50" or when it is to much change it to 25 or so... that would be cool :)

Hope ur map will be often played.. i do it ;) i love this new style of hlw much, but it isnt done yet so ill wait and comment it later when u upload the finish or the first "non-beta" version ;)

btw if u need some help i could help u! dont want any credits just to speed it up ;) hehe

Level 6
Update V0.28

Homepage:: www.raszul.de.vu

I finally found the time to announce the update of my HL. I had some troubles with school, but now things are smooth again.

• Many
    Uff, don't ask me about the exact bugfixes i did since V0.24 but it has been many.

Addons::
  • Headquaters Level 2
    Headquaters now working properly and creeps are already through the first balancing.
  • Heroes
    I believe i added the "Healer" in V0.26 so i mention it here. He is a pure support type and has as good as no offence potential but he does grate as support for melee heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.