• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Request a Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey hivers, i have run into a big problem today: recipe system, i hate those Inventory is full messages, there's no specific item system for these type of sh*t in hive, or was something like, vJass Advanced bag system and such.

Do you know a system that you can try picking items with full inventory without having the message. And yeah, if it is made not in GUI, it should be something that is EASY to modify and easy to implement FROM NORMAL WE (Copy Trigger, paste trigger).

Another question: Does having 1k of triggers lag? (i mean not running at the same time, but with different conditions)

Will be waiting for all of your answers, +rep for help.

Tiche3:sad:

Of course this is possible. IceFrog did it anyway :) 'Inventory is full' message was made by trigger in DotA.
Let me tell you a little secret - in Object Editor, if you'll create all your items dummies that are used permanently (like runes), trigger will register their selling\picking up but that dummies won't show in inventory. Use it wisely.
I'm making a system like that for my Secrets of DotA project. ;)

Level 9
Of course this is possible. IceFrog did it anyway :) 'Inventory is full' message was made by trigger in DotA.
Let me tell you a little secret - in Object Editor, if you'll create all your items dummies that are used permanently (like runes), trigger will register their selling\picking up but that dummies won't show in inventory. Use it wisely.
I'm making a system like that for my Secrets of DotA project. ;)

Could you please somehow put a testmap or something, cause it's hard to understand it :( I know that what you are saying might be true, but it's hard for me to create something that i don't really understand.

Thanks for now, but hoping for an example.

Tiche3:cute:

Level 3
im not sure if it will help but in the game "World of Magic RPG" there is a special place foritems u can transport to and if u miss any items they transport also to the special place so u dont need to worry about missing items

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/world-magic-rpg-1-24-a-137477/?prev=search%3Dworld%2520of%2520magic%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

like they say there "The hero ability 'go to inventory' transports you to a closed area where all the items in the map you have collected will be available, like staffs, armor, potions u haven't picked up and magic."

Status
Not open for further replies.