• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Report Of The Current State Of Battle Net 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Now, I know THW isn't the best place to comment it, but this thread will be posted on several more places, including TeamLiquid, Starcraft 2 Forums, Starcraft IncGamers and GosuGamers, so that it is actually read by Blizzard. I'm posting it here as well mostly as a station from which it will fly to other places. It's time for major changes in battle net.

I know I'm an elitist, but I just want to see the same difficulty as in war3's battle net, nothing impossible and I am not talking about easy for me. I was doing level 30s in War3 but never reached Level 40, that doesnt mean as you can see it shouldnt be as it generally has to be.

Blizzard, dont listen to all saying the game sucks, they know nothing. The game is great, in campaign, as an RTS. SC2 is the new esports game to which many pro players from war3 and SC1 moved, sponsors move to SC2, it is the future. Will it live as long as SC1 we have yet to see. All that matters is there will be a top scene, who of these unskilled whiners will quit SC2, doesnt matter for the future of the game.

However, the game needs to be separated from the service using it. Currently Battle Net 2.0 has so many flaws that the old battle net would have been times better as an interface and options. I'm not talking about LAN (that is already done on some tournaments), chat channels or teams although all are awaiting your clear answer when these features will be implemented, most hurting being the lack of cross realms that separate the world.

This thread will focus on the current issues of the already existing features.

SINGLE LADDER, REMOVE DIVISIONS

The lack of competition makes laddering not fun. In Warcraf 3, you needed to play a lot to become a Solo Player Level 40+ and yet here the definition of 'good' that was supposedly Diamond player is blurred. According to http://sc2ranks.com/ there are 53,000 in Diamond, is this normal? If Diamond claims to be the top league, then why is it so easy compared to high levels in Warcraft 3?

In order to even be able to reach level 40 at less than 300 wins, you needed minimum 1-2 years of playing and skill if you never played the game. Yet here, people get into diamond just for less than 30 wins? One solution would be all to start from lowest league and climb slowly to reach Diamond, making diamond as hard to reach as 40s in War3 battle net.

Creating a Pro Ladder is NOT a solution, although it is needed for pro players themselves. Warcraft 3 also had pro ladder for the real pro players, while the non-pro 40s were out of this league and still hard to reach.

The best solution is creating a single ladder and only top 1000 be ranked. Those who want to play competitively will go for it. Those who don't will not be ranked, logically. Ranks should not be granted freely.

An alternative would be at least removing Divisions, leaving Single Leagues and making not more than 500 seats for Diamond and 1000-2000 seats for Platinum players. A limited number will be competitive enough for people to really replace each other from ranks.

Currently Battle Net allows everyone to be ranked. WRONG. Unranked should be brought back. Even Bronze, Silver, Gold should need some effort to make you ranked.

SIMPLE SERVICES TOO UNCOMFORTABLE TO USE

I keep asking myself, why is Blizzard making it so uncomfortable and hard to operate with Battle Net 2.0?

Simple things lacking are chat commands to see anyone's profile, whisper, double click to display profile – these come with chat channels apparently.

When you want to see someone’s Wins:Losses you don’t clearly see them unless in your Division. All you see are a bar for games and a bar for wins. Battle Net 1 clearly displayed numbers and percentage %. Why did you have to change that, Blizzard?

|||||||||||||| Games
||||||||||| Wins

Instead of Wins:LossesL%. That is unreasonable.

The popularity list in custom games prevents many good games from being seen. More popular maps do not mean better maps.

ANIMATED PORTRAITS, LESS ACHIEVEMENTS

I keep on saying achievements are something you should gain by playing hard. Apparently they are not made only for pro players to display their won tournaments (pro achievements should be added since Blizzard follows the big events and should notify their accounts). Achievements are also for the casual players to enjoy having some pictures on their account just for the sake of fun. Fine, but the number of achievements is too many.

Achievements appear for just a single made game; their number is more than the needless, it turns into a spam on your account. Reducing their number will make it clean. The whole idea of achievements is not that good when people can play for portraits.

Either way, Portraits should appear animated on profile and of course remain unanimated in game lobbies. It is a must have, since the primary goal when creating Battle Net 2.0 must have been appearance, instead of application and usefulness. Animated Portraits belongs to Appearance.

There are many other features that Blizzard can just easily bring back if they think of all Battle Net 1 has and make Battle Net 2.0 more comfortable. Battle Net 2.0 should not stay this way any further.

Level 22
That's what SC2 forums are like, biggest shit holes are there, it's just as bad as using the old bnet forums. That's why I avoid them, just had to post it in front of Blizzard. You should see what a retard means - posting things like '0 stats => he doesnt know what hes talking', 'close thread plz'

Level 7
Dude there really isn't any point because Blizzard isn't going to change it as long as they know people will still buy the game since that's all they really give a sh*t about nowadays.

Level 7
This thread reminds me of one of the lead designers of Magic: The Gathering remarking that if they started packaging $100 bills in each booster pack people would complain about the way they were folded.

You just reminded me of the time when the MtG devs had to justify to fans why each set needs to have crappy useless cards along with the good ones.

How to post it clearly:
fdf
If someone finds this ladder system OK, they are just wackos or masochist. Come back when you know the meaning of a normal ladder system, thank you.

I agree that the ladder in 2.0 is dumb as all hell but no matter how much you b*tch about it Blizzard isn't going to change it for one reason: People still buy the game! Plus besides just your whiny fits there are people who actually like the new B.net so it all balances out.

Level 22
I'm sorry. I am not going to b**tch about it here. I explained I only started it here. It's just pretty ignorant to just say im whining and these arent issues especially the current ladders.. People who like bnet 2 are ppl who dont know what battle net 1 was, right? Yes, sadly that still counts as liking.

As I expected, it was a waste of time to post it in Blizzard's Sc2 forums, trolls and more trolls (they thought i bought another sc2 copy to by anonymous that's why unranked looool). Though GosuGamers, IncGamers, Nibbits and soon TL will do the trick.

Dont worry soon I'll be done posting about melee in ANY forums completely, well this is the only forum.

Level 2
About Ladders/Divisions:
Doesn't it sound much nicer to be place 32 of 100, instead of beeing place 19482 of 227492?

It is just much more motivating (at least for me) so see, ok, I can be placed top 10 in a division of 100, than seeing, oh I moved up another place in a hundred thousand people ladder.

Same thought about the win/loss rate.
I don't really need to see the exact value. I see two bars, can visually compare them in Size and have an estimate on how well that guy played. Do you really care, someone has 55 or 59 % winrate? So you're more the excel-boy.

This game is just like 10% progamer oriented... And that's done in balancing. The rest 90% are casual player needs. Win rate in nice grafic instead of numbers, hundreds of achievements, so even the biggest loser gets some. Ladders that motivate with small but "resulty" placements.
That's what a company cares about. It's not the 1.000 superpro diamant players, it's the 500.000 casuals that bring the money in.

Level 40
Off topic, but Kaboom, sets do need crappy cards, and for two reasons:

Many cards are good because they fit in a deck and not because of their solo power. Only a certain subset of cards will ever fit in a deck, and thus most of a set will inherently become obsolete just because people will only play a certain number of tournament decks. The second reason is limited formats, which need those seemingly bad cards because 3C (C being whatever colour) for a 3/3 is actually pretty strong.

On topic: I really don't see why people hate divisions so much. Blizzard does publish a regional ladder...

Level 22
On topic: I really don't see why people hate divisions so much. Blizzard does publish a regional ladder...

Do I need to start over again? Sorry, I won't.

Since Blizzard SC2 forum's thread turnt into nothing but a flame war, since I was called stupid by some total idiots who dont even know what Im talking about when bringing up these features, so they didnt realize if im stupid how retarded they are..

And Blizzard dont listen to threads so Im wordless with the retardness of the community.

As of now, I will leave people to their imagination - 4th race, cool battle net, nerf marines, whatever else was posted. That's right, everyone will have the freedom to post and I wont quote/respond/bash anyone of anything. Im out of words.

Last edited:
Level 19
Do I need to start over again? Sorry, I won't.

Since bnet thread turnt into nothing but a flame war, since I was called stupid by some total idiots who dont even know what Im talking about when bringing up these features, so they didnt realize if im stupid how retarded they are..

And Blizzard dont listen to threads so Im wordless with the retardness of the community.

Err..

Level 7
Off topic, but Kaboom, sets do need crappy cards, and for two reasons:

Many cards are good because they fit in a deck and not because of their solo power. Only a certain subset of cards will ever fit in a deck, and thus most of a set will inherently become obsolete just because people will only play a certain number of tournament decks. The second reason is limited formats, which need those seemingly bad cards because 3C (C being whatever colour) for a 3/3 is actually pretty strong.

Little bit late of a response but I don't disagree with a set having weak cards because it's what balances the set since every pack can't contain rediculous amounts of good cards or it would weaken every card released prior to it.

Tl;dr I hold the same opinion as you.

Level 22
I've been playing NWN and NWN2.

Looks like each of us has their non-SC2 shit. Then I won't hide that in the past 2 months I wasted my time with MUGEN shit creating my Mugen shit content, as a kid I played Mortal Kombat as much as last years I did war3, so from being into Korea's game #1: SC, China's game #1: War3, I was also into Japan's #1 Gaming: Fighting games.

It wasted 2 months, that cost me real life time, missed some exam dates and even delayed my return to SC2. So I quit Mugen shit for a year if not for ever. And I don't care about those who have 200 games already, when I've done more just in Beta, let's see who will be better. But now:

I'm glad to say the time to come back to Starcraft 2 has finally come. That means just like Warcraft 3 I will play no other games for the next years. Melee all the way to achieve what I failed to achieve in war3 although was becoming; and mapmaking from time to time. I've already developed my getting better method all thx to what war3 taught me.

Do you know what it also means? There will be no more commenting on BNet 2.0 features on any forum including here. No more discussion about BNet 2.0 features, achievements, problems, strategies, balances, replays as many of you were just big talkers since beta, without any real experience while insisting on you're right. Such share of thoughts will be left for some fellow mates from my ex-team while we play together or observe.

I Officially Announce My Return To Starcraft 2

Im.... Secret

So let's start using this forum not for melee, but for mapmaking, that's what I had to do here ever since SC2 beta was out. You do not have to care, I care even less, so that's even.

So bringing that topic back was unnecessary. [Closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.