• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Replacing unit training {replacing a unit type with another unit type}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a research that is supposed to make me able to train a new type of units. But when I finish the research I want to totally replace a type of other units with these new ones. So if u go and want to train the old units then u will find a new icon that makes u able to train the new ones instead of the old ones. So now I can only train the new ones and not the old. It's like in age of empires II when you research Man-at-Arms and they replace militia. How do I do this?

Level 18
I'm not sure if there's a trigger that can add or remove units that are available to train..
but an easy way would replacing the building.. make it like some upgrade or, if you don't want to upgrade it, make a set of buildings. All look the same except the unit that gets trained.. so you replace BuildingA with unitA, with the BuildingA1 with unitB.. while BuildingA1 is exactly the same like BuildingA.. hope you get what I mean

Level 16
Just base your upgrade on Barrage Upgrade and do this:
VaZnO.jpg

Level 3
The barrage dosn't work, the new unit is available from the beginning and the only thing that happens when I research is that the old unit gets unavailable :cry:

Level 3
oh, ur lucky i just made a barrage allike ability for my goblin race. And i got it fixed. Go to Scenario-> Techtree properties

and there choose the race (of your custom unit) and just check the box of that unit of.

for example i have a 'goblin steamroller' and the new unit , 'goblin steamroller (AA missiles)'

I just simply check off the box next to 'goblin steamroller (AA missiles)' And now it works perfectly

Level 3
oh, ur lucky i just made a barrage allike ability for my goblin race. And i got it fixed. Go to Scenario-> Techtree properties

and there choose the race (of your custom unit) and just check the box of that unit of.

for example i have a 'goblin steamroller' and the new unit , 'goblin steamroller (AA missiles)'

I just simply check off the box next to 'goblin steamroller (AA missiles)' And now it works perfectly

Thanks, it works perfectly now. You're the best :thumbs_up:
+rep!

Status
Not open for further replies.