• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

replacing sky box model

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

hi guys!

is that possible to replace the default skybox model? since the default one have a hole on it. i want to replace it in my map with the modified one that got the hole closed. i try to replace it with Environment\sky\lordaeronfallsky\lordaeronfallsky but nothing change. i know a trigger to change it, but it will only able to be viewed ingame. i want to make it appear aswell in the world editor.

i give you a cookie if you can solve it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

isn't it the same with replacing? can i have more details?

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i need it in my map. i don't think i want to mess up with MPQ since people might need to download the custom mpq aswell? no? since what you said seems that i need to inject my skybox model to wc3 mpq.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

well, if no one can come up with the solution, i guess i can only use trigger to do this. thanks for trying to help. ^^

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If it is about the background for a cinematic, for example, you could also import a simle plane model using a custom image as texture.
The results can be very pretty, as you can see here.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

forgot that i made this thread and accidently hit unsubscribe. :3

You can set the model in WE under scenario and map preferences (or options, whatever, I don't have my WE with me). See how I did it in http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/alpha-world-248486/?prev=status=a&u=Legal_Ease.

Give me cookies!!!

i don't know what do you mean. do you mean the external custom data?
i see that you used trigger to change the skybox model in your map.

If it is about the background for a cinematic, for example, you could also import a simle plane model using a custom image as texture.
The results can be very pretty, as you can see here.

it's not for cinematic. but it's for playable map. like unit can walk above the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.