• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Sky model has no bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Same problem as this guy: Sky Model
I use alpha tiles to make the sky visible but in the middle is this huge black hole. It looks ugly.

I tried to use sky picture as doodad but it disappears when the doodad is not on camera.

Level 4
Do you have any idea why when doodad is not on camera it disappears? I already set visibility radius to maximum.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Do you have any idea why when doodad is not on camera it disappears?
To save on draw calls. Draw calls are expensive so Warcraft III only draws what is sensibly visible. StarCraft II does the same.

With camera projection hacks you can see that Warcraft III does not draw terrain patches, units and doodads/destructable that are too far off camera.

If something is visible and needs to be drawn is determined by its model extents.

Status
Not open for further replies.