1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[General] Replacing UndeadBirth model

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Uncle Fester, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Hi all!
    As the title admits, i want to replace the Undead Birth model (the thingy that shows up when the Acolyte sumons a building) with a custom model. Till now i imported it under the following path: SharedModels\UBirth.mdx
    and whenever i tried to build with an acolyte, the game crashed and the following message was displaid: Troublemodel.JPG .
    For more info, here is the DL-link for the error-model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=cckui0. The first one is the one i want to upload and use in my maps. Unfortunately, the problem is persisting whatever i do. In Magos it works fine.
    By the way, is there any way of replacing the Undead Birth model (UBirth.mdx) with a custom one?

Thanks in advance!

2. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hi, does the model work in-game? (without overwriting UBirth.mdx)

Have you tried using other models in that place?

3. Uncle Fester

Uncle Fester

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Found what the problem was. It was a modelling issue, actually. But thanks anyway! :thumbs_up: