• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Repleced " undead " type of birth animation in non undead bulding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have problem :( i want to replace birth anim. in models with undead animation it repleced it correctly.. but in models who have diffrent birth.. and aren`t created on base undead building isnt repleced :( i know i can do it :
SharedModels\UBirth.mdx. i want DEMON BIRTH anim without creating again buildings on base of undead buildings..
Can i replace this birth in model who have hisself animation ?

Level 26
I have been testing such things while working on my project for Techtree contest #5. One of the method is about using.. special effects attached to given building, and destroy it once structure is contructed or if it dies.

You can see on your eyes how it can be done in my entry - there is a trigger for FacelessOnesAltar.

Dummy locust can work too, but SFX are easier. Ofcourse you can always create animation/model by your own, so such operations wouldn't be needed at all ;P

Note: even if you would be looking on my entry, take this only as a act of help. I'm not spreading the info to get votes etc, I'm just sharing idea in case I have been bothering with this issue for days, finding best method for my project. Hope it will fix your problem.

Level 4
Y i know. but look. someone will be play on my map. and write WARPTEN... and building will be build but animation will play with normal speed ;p

I see... that undead`s building using Ubirth.mdx ;p in model editor or map editor blizzard has to use that birth to undead buildings... but i see no where anything. that i can change build to use that Ubirth.mdx

Level 26
The issue is: special effects attached to buildings in such case (build anim) work properly even in warpten (their animation speed is inscreased) -.-
Have you at least checked that before posting? ;<

You can not force single buidling to use UBirth.mdx. You can only overwrite existing build animations for either night elf or undead. Additionaly, for undeads there are actually two models, because ziggurat has it's own one:

SharedModels\NEBirth.mdx -> for NE based models
SharedModels\UBirth.mdx -> for most ud-based models
Buildings\Undead\Ziggurat\UBirth.mdx -> just for ziggurat based models

Status
Not open for further replies.