• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Replacing cliff styles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
hey... i was wondering if it was possible to replace a cliff style. Like say i started a map in the ashenvale tileset, but i want the building type cliff type from the dalaran tileset. How would i do that :confused:

Level 3
well, you could always go Advanced > modify tileset then change base tileset into dalaran, then you would get those cliff types, and if you still need the ashenvale tiles, just swap the dalaran to the ones you want.

Level 8
As pointed out in order to swap cliff tiles you will need to goto advanced modify tileset.

You will be stuck with both cliff types of what ever set you take.

If you have already used a customized tile set in your map - anything on our map using those will be shuffled over to the nearest tile type. Meaning any non-buildable tile will be shuffled over to the nearest unbuildable tile - meaning if you had cobble stones it could be come marble.

If you had more tiles in your old tile set, then you will lose a great deal of the variety of your textures.

WEU has the enhancer which allows the use of more cliff tiles, but it requires some additional stuff to use (I do not know exactly).

Status
Not open for further replies.