• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

replacing cliffs (sets) in maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
i started making a new map, did a fair amount of work on it, and realised i needed a different type of cliff.

my issue is that i want a straight cliff and a jagged cliff, where the tileset i chose (village) has only 2 jagged cliffs. so i cant import a different skin to do what i want. i dont know why i chose village, probably because it meant minimal tileset editing.

is there a way around this? or will i have to export everything and start the mapping from scratch?

Level 3
so theres no way to swap a jagged cliff with a straight cliff, even through other addons, etc?

Level 3
There are very few custom cliff skins, so basically which tileset you select, those cliffs will you get.

i imported the skin i wanted, but it doesnt change the fact that the cliff model is different. i want a city-esque one and the 2 in the village tileset are jagged. also what was the raise/lower terrain thing you mentioned earlier? i saw that on the terrain editor but it only goes as high as one cliff and is diagonal, so its pretty much useless for my purposes

Status
Not open for further replies.