• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] replacing arrow key aiming with mouse

Do you think WC3 FPS maps would be better with mouse aim?

• Yes, arrow keys make it difficult to aim so i dont bother.

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • No, that is a waste of time in my opinion.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I dont care, I still wouldnt play such maps.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Aiming with arrow keys proves to be more chalenging.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
There are some 3d shooter maps that use arrow keys to aim at target, is there a way to replace it with mouse? For example sharpshooter online, shadow hunters... i am asking for mouse aim system as in first person view. replacing arrow key aim with mouse would greatly increase gameplay of such maps, as it is impossible to aim a moving target with arrow keys, much like in PS2/PS3. Mouse had a reason to be introduced to windows.

Also sorry if this thread is in any way disrespecting rules ^^ i dont use forums much.

I am thanking for your efforts fellow members of The Hive Workshop, your work has made warcraft a better game.

Edit: Heres a picture that should explain what i mean:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=63803&stc=1&d=1250714851
Pardon the maouse spelling misstake ^^

Last edited:
Level 2
Nice one but that is just clicks, mouse movement is a bit different story. The mouse left click coordinates are map related not screen, however it might prove usefull. Thank you

Edit: i made this thread just to remind people what *could* be improved, im not best suited for developing such techniques, nor do i have time for it but i will be glad if this moves on and im sure a lot ofmap makers will be too =)

Level 2
thought as much =/ ...hmm but what if you used left click drag that has the trace and use it as mouse move and then use right click as action?

Status
Not open for further replies.