• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My broken map - Crashes for unknown reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
9 months ago, development of this map halted:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Maps&ID=2872&sid=69e54f277b345a58b549c2b1b0f78ee6

I found myself stuck because of an unknown error.
It's a 3d person 'shooter' map, you control a marine with the arrow keys, aim and shoot with the mouse.
The bug that killed the map at a random time, when the trigger to attack someone is used, the game locks up.
the entire pc locks up. reboot required.

Back in that time i posted the map here with a request for experts in mapping to take a look at it, but no avail.

Here i am again, to ask the same favor, please take a look at my map, and see if one can fix it.

The wcunlimited editor was used to create it, to open the map this can be downloaded from the tools section of this site.

Finally, please. :) Thanks in advance,
Angelusz

Level 4
hummmm...hard one but first i have to ask the stupid Q's:
Did you use map optimizer?
are you loading it up with Weu or WE and did you use WEU?
and if can you play it on WC3?
if you can and its messed up well its a start. Answer them please :D and ill try helping

Level 4
There are 2 reasons that may cause the game to crash, first is making triggers in WEU though it has advanced triggers it is extremely bugged. Second is if you have added a lot of models to your map then it may require a large amount of polies and since you might not have enough the game crashes. I hope this will have helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.