• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

+ rep how to make a normal ability thats aviable after level 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
It should work then but in gameplay constants are also fields about ability levels search for them and search the error in there maybe , but normally setting requirement level 6 should work (because this is the standard blizzard spell ultimate definition)

a normal spell that is learned by a hero at level 5 or above? you can just add it via triggers....

btw, normal skills dont have a level requirement tab right? maybe you placed 6 in the Techtree- Required Levels tab in the object editor...

if its what you have done, then I shall tell you, the level you place there is the level that a certain techtree upgrade level should be for you to be able to use the spell example(you add the techtree requirement in another tab, I think its above the level)... for example you can try searching through the human priests abilities......

ok thnx but how i make so a normal spell... I mean its gona be a normal ability not hero ability. And when ur hero reach level 5 he should get the ability. Like its gona be disabled. and then enabled.

you can add a normal ability via the trigger...

if you want it to be already present for your hero butt unusable at first then when he reaches level 5 the ability becomes usable:
-create an upgrade and edit it so it does nothing,
-add that upgrade to your techtree requirement for the spell on the object editor
-add the spell to your hero via the object editor
-then create a trigger that researches the upgrade when your character reaches level 5.

Level 9
helping1.jpg

helping2.jpg

helping3.jpg

• Reach level 5
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Gains a level
    • Conditions
      • And - All (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 5
          • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Blood Mage
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of acquired at level 5! to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Custom script: call DestroyTrigger( GetTriggeringTrigger() )
Basically add the ability you want to have at level 5 and make the name of the research the tooltip for what players need to read to understand when they receive the ability.

Add a dummy requirement to the ability you want to be available at level 5.

Last edited:
Level 13
search in the game contains you do not need a trigger for this

EDIT:Wrong...,sry my mistake...

ok do it like this

hero gains a level
-level of triggering unit equal 4
set current research of "hero level 5" to 1 for owner of triggering unit

just like "Registered User XenoStalker" said

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.