• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

removing the sword from footmen help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hello. i have photoshop 7 with the targa plugin. now, i found the footmen.blp, but i dont want that one, i want the blood elf lieutenant! where is that skin located in the mpq? i looked all over and can not find it.

but after that, lets say i get the skin, how can i make it so the sword is transpanent completely in the game. i tried coloring the sword black in the alpha channel, but in the game it just shows up as a weapon with a very bright red glow to it. help appreciated!

Level 4
hah wow i didnt even think about looking theres , thanks for that!

now i still do not know how to make the sword transparent, can i do this with a skin or would this have to be done in a model editor?

Level 4
im aware of 'alphaing out', but like i said when i colored the alpha channel black over the sword, in the game it shows a very bring red glow in that spot. photoshop 7.....

Level 4
new problem. since this skin is from the war3x mpq, how do i get the import manager to refer the imported skin to the expansion mpq and not the original? i alphaed out the sword, i know i did because when i open the blp image the sword does not show up, just like i wantd. but when i import, and set the path to unit\other\bloodelflieutenant\bloodelflieutenant.blp

nothing changes.

help?

Level 4
nevermind i got it to workj!!!!! hah stupid me i had forgot that the blp had the be the same name as the original. thanks for the help sopho!

Level 2
ALPHA?

Now ive heard of Alpharing but where is it??? ive looked all over Paint Shop Pro 8.1 but i cant find it if, its a plug-in plz plz tell ne where 2 get it :oops: thankz

Level 5
I have the same problem as Dr Cuddles. Somone please tell us how to alph out stuff with Paintshop Pro 8!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.