• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Removing Life Drain's "Already at Full Health"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there.

I'm currently using Life Drain as a channeled ability that gives Lightning visual, and I want to make it castable on both allies and enemies. It works like a bomb, where you channel for X seconds and it explodes for damage.

It works on enemies, but it has an issue on allies. I can't cast the spell on full health units. Is there a workaround for this?

Level 20
If that's the case on Life Drain ability I don't think we can avoid or prevent it as it's hardcoded.
You can mimic the mechanics using the Channel ability or anything that don't check or bother with unit's life.

If that's the case on Life Drain ability I don't think we can avoid or prevent it as it's hardcoded.
You can mimic the mechanics using the Channel ability or anything that don't check or bother with unit's life.

Yeah. That's what I was thinking. Although I'm still trying to find a fix before resorting to Channel.

Have you tried editing the map variables?
There is one that allows to go past max health, that might just fix the issue.

If you mean the "Gameplay - Drain Gives Bonus Life", I did tried tampering with it. Didn't do much. I think that one is for the caster's max health. Much like Siphon Mana that gives decaying mana if drained more than max mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.