• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Reverse Life Drain Healing spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've been working on a custom race for my campaign, and wanted the healer
unit for the race to be a high health regeneration caster, that channels its
health into allied units. I tired changing life drain's damage to a negative value
and set the targets allowed to allies, but it still says that the target must be an
enemy. After failing at that, I figured I'd have to make it a trigger based ability,
but I'm not very good with those. Any help is appreciated :D
(sorry posted this in wrong section)

Last edited:
Level 10
I tired changing life drain's damage to a negative value and set the targets allowed to allies, but it still says that the target must be an enemy.

OK, first, you don't need negative values - by default, if Drain is cast on an ally, it will transfer health TO the target, FROM the caster. It's just that, by default, it's not allowed to be cast on an ally. To get it to work:

1. Be sure Gameplay - Drain Transfers Life is set to True in the Gameplay Constants for your map.
2. The spell must have a non-zero "Drain - Life Transferred Per Second".
3. The target must not be at full health.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Interesting idea.

Use a dummy life drain that drains 0 health. That way you get the channeling lightning effect.

Next make a hashtable inputing the X you want the caster to transfer over each Y seconds. Save it into a hashtable. Before healing, check if the caster's health is lower than the amount of the health about to be lost.

I can't find the link but search the forum for wyrmlord's hashtable tutorial. Just modify the healing over time spell to both heal the ally and deal damage to the caster.

[cons]
-only thing you wont be able to control this way is IF the channeling gets interrupted, the healing effect wont. Like the unit gets silenced, but the healing finishes anyway

Level 22
there was something in gameplay constants about allowing siphon abilites to target allies but im not sure it works.

Scenario > Map Options
Look at the bottom of the window for the field Game Data Set and click the drop-down button, and choose the Custom(TFT 1.07,ROC 1.01) data-set.

Level 8
If all fails, make it via triggers.
1-) Create a lightining effect between caster and target.
1a-) Periodically renew this effect so they will appear "bound" to one other.
2-) Turn On the trigger that checks the range between caster and target.
2a-) If range is above 700 (for example) stop ability. (Assuming it is the max range for ability)
3-) Damage caster with triggers while modifying the health of target too.

It won't be MUI though. If a hero will use this ability however, you can use it. And If multiple players can pick this hero simultaneously, create variable index for each player. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.