• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Removing bleeding effect on death animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey,

I was wondering if it's possible to remove the bleeding effect on an unit when the death animation is played. I'd like to make this unit play its death animation: in my map, the guy falls into a coma, and all the blood makes it look weird lol.
Do I have to edit the model (which I lack skill to do so)? Or is it possible via triggers? Or via a dummy model I'd import and set the path to replace the blood effect (but which one, there're dozens of them)?

Thanks!

Level 13
It is within the model file itself. You need War3 Mago's Model Editor -> open the model -> Windows -> Node Manager -> Right-click and remove anything that has the SPLx (BloodSplat) and SPNx (Spawned Effect) prefixes -> Save model -> Re-import it. The unit will get its blood effect removed for good, but you can make it be created via triggers as soon as the unit dies, so I guess it won't be weird when it really happens.

Last edited:
Level 11
If the model's creator is ok, I'll give it a try. I'm not excellent at editing models, but this doesn't sound too complicated. Thanks BloodSoul!

Edit: Yep, it works just fine. I'll ask Tranquil about his model. Thanks mate!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.