• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do you remove the blood spurts from a units death animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have custom units with custom models, but when they die, the original units blood sprays everywhere, how do i change it or remove it?

EDIT: The custom models don't have blood in the death animations so i know it's something to do with the original units animations.

Last edited:
Level 14
I have custom units with custom models, but when they die, the original units blood sprays everywhere, how do i change it or remove it?

EDIT: The custom models don't have blood in the death animations so i know it's something to do with the original units animations.

Did you mean when they are killed by heavy Siege damage-units? if that is the case, then check Object Editor ->Units -> "Your unit" -> Art - Special.

Level 14
yeah i did that but they still have the blood for some reason :/

Sadly , there is no way you can remove spawned effect from a unit. My suggestion here is overwrite original effect with edited effect. For example, to change Spawned Effect of Beastmaster, you need to create a custom effect, set model directory to "Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\BeastmasterBlood\BeastmasterBlood.mdl" then import it into the map. That is just my theory, still need other people suggestion too since no one did this.

Level 8
Sadly , there is no way you can remove spawned effect from a unit. My suggestion here is overwrite original effect with edited effect. For example, to change Spawned Effect of Beastmaster, you need to create a custom effect, set model directory to "Objects\Spawnmodels\Other\BeastmasterBlood\BeastmasterBlood.mdl" then import it into the map. That is just my theory, still need other people suggestion too since no one did this.
thanks for the info, :D

Level 13
Indeed, those are attached to the model itself, and are called "BloodSplat" (Prefix "SPL"). You can remove them by using the software War3 Model Editor made by Magos.

Once you have the software running, open the model with it, then go to: Windows -> Node Manager. You should look for the prefix SPL for those blood marks on the ground and SPN for the actual blood effect (Spawn Object).

Left click it in order to zoom in.
aEnTEnD.png

As soon as you find them, delete them by right clicking on each. Then, save your model and re-import it into your map.

Status
Not open for further replies.