• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove blood stains on the ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello,

I am looking for a way to either disable blood stains on death, or manually deleting it after death with triggers/custom script.

For instance, when I kill a Necromancer unit, a blood stain appears on the ground : that's what I need to disable/remove.

Thank you.

Level 28
You'll have to edit the unit model to remove the blood effect upon death. You could use Magos Model Editor for instance, go to Node Manager, and delete all "Event Objects" related to blood like it shows in the the screenshot below :

Alternatively, you could replace the blood texture with an alpha texture.

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    58.3 KB · Views: 61
Level 3
Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but it would be a bit too much work because I have many different unit types. If there is no other way I will not bother with blood then and leave it be.

Isn't there some sort of trigger/custom script that would remove the ground effect ?

Status
Not open for further replies.