• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] How to Remove Blood Stains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Recently I had a problem with the blood stains that show up after a unit dies.

WC3ScrnShot_040918_001610_01.jpg

WC3ScrnShot_041518_190833_01.jpg
I was wondering if there is a way of removing them completely OR at least change their fade away time.

I tried Gameplay Constants but I couldn't find anything:
Screenshot_1.png

Level 19
bleach removes blood stains, but if you murdered someone you can use alcohol instead which removes all DNA evidence

otherwise all you need to do is use a trigger that speeds up or removes decay. that should clear up all those bloody problems

Level 6
I think you can remove them only from the model editor. When you open a model, if you go to the node manager, there should be something called SPN(Spawn Object) and that should be the cause for the blood stains I think.

Level 19
bleach removes blood stains, but if you murdered someone you can use alcohol instead which removes all DNA evidence

otherwise all you need to do is use a trigger that speeds up or removes decay. that should clear up all those bloody problems
I searched the triggers, couldn't find anything there.

I think you can remove them only from the model editor. When you open a model, if you go to the node manager, there should be something called SPN(Spawn Object) and that should be the cause for the blood stains I think.
well I can't edit every model of the map since it's using mostly wc3 creeps

Level 14
those are ubersplats, they are textures painted over terrains that appear under certain conditions (for example, a building being placed causes an ubersplat to appear, that depicts that building's foundations image).
why don't you import some transparent image files and set their import path so that they overwrite the default ubersplats for the blood stains that you want to eliminate? You'll have to dig through the mpq files in order to find the path of the blood ubersplat pictures first, however.

Like mentioned before, the blood effects are spawned by the models themselves.
Your options are
1) Edit all models with Magos' model editor and remove the component that spawns the blood effect on death
2) Import empty models to your map to override the blood effects so nothing gets spawned

Not fully sure if second option will work or not, it's been years since I last worked on wc3 modding.

Level 3
use WinMPQ, open war3.mpq and get Splats\SplatData.slk, from there you can edit the file with excel and import it back in
this lets you change the individual decay times and colors of each bloodstain and footprint splat

Status
Not open for further replies.