• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Removing blood stain after unit death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I don't know what your map entails, but if you want the blood gone either right away or so if you remove the unit from the game I believe the blood goes with it, but this might not be the desired result especially if its a hero dying, because upon removal they cannot be resurrected.

Hope this helps!

Talking about blood stains (not the blood splash!), you can remove ALL blood stains by only editing one file which is SplatData.slk. You can find it in the warcraft 3 MPQs (I took the one in war3x.mpq).

However, it takes some understanding about event objects, modeling for you to be able to understand it easily.

Maps below is the example effects that can be achieved by editing SplatsData.slk, try to use the paladin provided to kill the footmen:

Blue Blood Stain.w3x
- Upon death, the footman leaves a blue colored blood stain rather than the red one
No Blood Stain.w3x - Upon death, the footman does not leave any blood stain

Attachments

• Blue Blood Stain.w3x
    23.1 KB · Views: 72
  • No Blood Stain.w3x
    23.1 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.