• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove blood when playing animation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lej

Lej

Level 3
I want to simulate falling asleep by playing the human priest's death animation:
  • Actions
    • Animation - Play Priest 0001 <gen>'s death animation
The problem is that it plays a blood spurt and then makes a pool of blood. When watching the animation in the editors model window it doesn't have any blood. Is it possible to play the death animation without blood without editing the model?

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Any recommended program? Can't seem to find a way to do it in War3ModelEditor.

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Just casting sleep on a unit it doesn't make it lie down on the ground.
Also using sleep in this case could result in problems so I'm pausing the unit and adding the zzz as a special effect instead.

Level 27
Any recommended program? Can't seem to find a way to do it in War3ModelEditor.
That is how you do it..
Node Manager, go to the camera things, prolly near the bottom.
Find all of them that start with either SPL or SPN. Click on them, and if they have anything to do with blood, delete them.
If you also want to remove the Sound he makes upon death, remove the Event Object that starts with SND that has something to do with death.
Keep in mind this makes it so they NEVER bleed, unless you add a new death animation to them and add the blood for that track.
--donut3.5--

Lej

Lej

Level 3
Thanks. Removing the sound node saves me from importing an empty sound to overwrite the death sound which I was doing until now. Not bleeding at all is not a problem in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.