• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

RemoveLocation causes a Script error. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have this trigger which I have been working on to remove any potential leaks. Then I decided to Ping the map at location and then emit visibility across it like they do in the campaign. However I run into a script error in: call RemoveLocation_(ugd_TempPingLocSF) The error reads: Expected name. What did I do wrong?

• Scout the town Create
    • Events
      • Destructible - Rock Chunks 0000 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPingLocSF = (Center of Silver Fall <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for HumanArmy at TempPingLocSF for 3.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (0.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(ugd_TempPingLocSF)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across ShowLocSF <gen>
      • Set ShowSFLoc = (Last created visibility modifier)
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Investigate Silver ... with the description We haven't heard fr..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNPillage.blp
      • Set ScoutTown = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for ScoutTown with the description Scout the town
      • Set ScoutTownReq = (Last created quest requirement)
      • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
      • Quest - Display to HumanArmy the Quest Update message: |cFFFFD700Main Ques...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to HumanArmy the Hint message: |c00006400Hint:|r B...
      • Destructible - Destroy Gate (Vertical) 0252 <gen>
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Arrival2SF <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SFundeadforce)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Silver Fall <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SFundeadforce)
I am still using GUI and is just getting into these Custom Scripts.

Level 21
I have this trigger which I have been working on to remove any potential leaks. Then I decided to Ping the map at location and then emit visibility across it like they do in the campaign. However I run into a script error in: call RemoveLocation_(ugd_TempPingLocSF) The error reads: Expected name. What did I do wrong?

• Scout the town Create
    • Events
      • Destructible - Rock Chunks 0000 <gen> dies
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPingLocSF = (Center of Silver Fall <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Ping minimap for HumanArmy at TempPingLocSF for 3.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (0.00%, 100.00%, 50.00%)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(ugd_TempPingLocSF)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across ShowLocSF <gen>
      • Set ShowSFLoc = (Last created visibility modifier)
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Investigate Silver ... with the description We haven't heard fr..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\PassiveButtons\PASBTNPillage.blp
      • Set ScoutTown = (Last created quest)
      • Quest - Create a quest requirement for ScoutTown with the description Scout the town
      • Set ScoutTownReq = (Last created quest requirement)
      • Quest - Flash the quest dialog button
      • Quest - Display to HumanArmy the Quest Update message: |cFFFFD700Main Ques...
      • Wait 5.00 seconds
      • Quest - Display to HumanArmy the Hint message: |c00006400Hint:|r B...
      • Destructible - Destroy Gate (Vertical) 0252 <gen>
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Arrival2SF <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SFundeadforce)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Silver Fall <gen> owned by Player 3 (Teal)) and do (Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to SFundeadforce)
I am still using GUI and is just getting into these Custom Scripts.

ugd_TempPingLocSF
This is your problem. It should start with udg_

Level 37
You should remove the location before the wait.

I don't see the need for a variable named TempPingLocSF. Why not name it TempLoc or TLoc instead. Easier to type. And you should use the same variable in other triggers, share variables between triggers as much as you can to cut down the amount of variables in your map.

Level 4
You should remove the location before the wait.

I don't see the need for a variable named TempPingLocSF. Why not name it TempLoc or TLoc instead. Easier to type. And you should use the same variable in other triggers, share variables between triggers as much as you can to cut down the amount of variables in your map.
Alright thanks!

I haven't been using my variables for more than one things before.

Status
Not open for further replies.