• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove the JESP category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think it was a relic from times past. It was to encourage people to make spells follow certain standards so that people could easilly use them.

A lot of stuff gets poorly labeled so I can hardly think that is a reason worth removing it for but as the strict moderation for spells is in place the caterogry is no longer needed as all approved jass/vjass/whatever spells should reach a moderate usability level when approved so it is pointless knowing which spells follow a usability standard when all of them are usable (the approved ones).

Level 17
I always liked the idea of JESP.
No one is really in opposition to the idea of the JESP standard. The problem is that it existed primarily to educate people on good coding practice and is no longer relevant after the introduction of vJASS. Furthermore, the JESP standard is already embedded (essentially) into the spell rules.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.