• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Remove props?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello everyone.
So my question is the following, is there a way to remove props through triggers? I don't mean regular destructibles such as trees or crates, I'm talking about stacks of hay, bones on the ground, etc.
Thank you

~El

Level 17
The short answer is that there's not really a way to do this, at least as far as I know.

The slightly longer answer is that you can sort of do this, but only if the props have a "death" animation.

Unfortunately, JASS does not expose any APIs to directly manipulate doodads, like, at all. The only exception to this are 2 natives:
JASS:
native SetDoodadAnimation takes real x, real y, real radius, integer doodadID, boolean nearestOnly, string animName, boolean animRandom returns nothing
native SetDoodadAnimationRect takes rect r, integer doodadID, string animName, boolean animRandom returns nothing
The GUI equivalent would be this:
  • Animation - Play the death animation for all doodads of type Camera Prop within (Playable map area)
If your props have a death animation, you may be able to hide them using this, however, I believe that it will not affect the pathing.

Level 1
Well after doing a bit of research and trying pretty much every trigger in the editor, I've simply created my own destructibles using the props models.
You see, what I want is to be able to change what the map looks like as the game progresses, this includes not just deleting buildings and units but also props and thus spawning different buildings, units, and props, which is why simply hiding these props would be no good, I actually need the pathing to be available.
Thanks everyone for the replies

Status
Not open for further replies.